There are quite a number of exchange platforms in the current blockchain environment; they all have propositions that make them unique, and they are all trying to establish themselves in the market. Hybridblock wants to join these platforms, but rather than just build a high-end cryptocurrency exchange, this project plans to offer its users an educative and highly-interactive exchange platform; a platform where users can trade and at the same time, learn more about the blockchain and how its technology works. They aim to accomplish this by making the following products available to their customers:
- BaseTrade: A platform where users can shop for popular cryptocurrencies quickly and conveniently á la shopping cart style. This should make buying and selling cryptocurrencies easy for amateur traders, and to make things even easier, the Hybridblock project plans to make specialists readily available to help traders sort out any issues.
- HybridExchange: According to Hybridblock, this will be a web-based product designed for intermediate users. Standout features likely to be found here include a customizable dashboard, smart order routing for more trading flexibility; and connectivity with partner exchanges to add liquidity and ensure competitive rates.
- HybridTerminal: an independent terminal to be designed specifically for professional traders and institutions, HybridTerminal will allegedly allow users access real-time quote feeds from all major exchanges as well as gain an in-depth look into data outlining market caps, liquidity, and depth. Additionally, it is being reported that users on this platform will be offered customized activity reports — detailed information about positions, balances, transactions. HybridTerminal is also supposed to make automated order and execution flow with — entry rules, exit rules, and position sizing — possible.
- HybridCentral: A mobile application that will reportedly gather knowledge about blockchain tech and cryptocurrencies in the bid to educate newbies. According to the Hybridblock team, the app will also have an ecosystem where ICO reviews, training courses, and advanced day-trading methods can be bought. Users are also expected to be provided with communities that engender discussions and exchange of ideas.
Hybridblock plans to use their cryptocurrency token, HybridFX to govern all the platforms outlined above, and they want to create different HFX tokens for each of the major fiat currencies — USD, EUR, and JPY. The tokens are expected to have a 1:1 reserve ratio between HFX and fiat, making quick deposits and withdrawals possible. Furthermore, Hybridblock will tentatively provide a web-wallet that will facilitate the swift issuance of HFX token; issued tokens can then be sent via the Ethereum blockchain to foreign exchanges or wallets.
In addition to HFX, Hybridblock is also expected to issue HybridToken. This will be used to pay for fees, products, and services on the platform; it will also be used to pay for HFX transaction fees (the way Gas is used on Ethereum).
Hard Cap and Valuation
There will be a total of 1 billion HYB tokens and the Hybridblock project aims to raise $50 million for 53% of the token total. 27% goes to the team and their advisors, and the final 20% is reserved for marketing, partnerships, and bounty campaigns. The team tokens are to be released gradually: 20% at the start and afterwards, 10% every quarter.
Once the hard cap is reached, all remaining tokens are to be burned.
Price Per Token
Hybridblock held an angel round in 2017 and they were able to raise $8 million. The price of 1 HYB token varies as follows:
Angel Tier: $0.10 (66% discount, lockup: 20% immediately free, 10% released monthly afterwards).
Presale Tier: $0.20 (33% discount, lockup: 50% immediately free, 10% released monthly afterwards).
Public sale: $0.30.
$50,000 minimum required for participation in the pre-sale.
Hydbridblock’s presale is currently ongoing. According to the project, their public sale will start on the 15th of March, 2018. Furthermore, a beta version of the exchange platform is expected to be released in April 2018, while the full product launch is scheduled for May 2018.
As at the time this post was published, Hybridblock had over 12,300 Telegram members, 850+ Twitter followers, 169 followers on Medium, 160 Reddit readers, 100+ YouTube subscribers, and over 100 followers on Facebook.
Their announcement channel on Telegram had 2150+ followers.
- Marketing advisor to various crypto projects.
- Founder of XTRADE.
- Cryptocurrency Investor, Advisor and Influencer.
Well-Known Team Members
- Olympic Athlete.
- NYTimes best-selling author.
Team Members’ Areas of Expertise
Apolo Ohno, Co-Founder.
- Founder of Allysian Sciences, a nutrition supplement company, for 8 years.
- Director of CEC Rare Earth Corporation for 7 years.
- Global Ambassador at Special Olympics for 8 years.
Rod Jao, Co-Founder.
- Founder & CEO of Allysian Sciences for over 4 years.
- Director of CEC Rare Earth Corporation for over 3 years.
Jonathan Bates, Chairman and interim CEO.
Brian Kang, VP of Business Development.
- Business Development Manager at Private Internet Access for almost 3 years.
Michael Sung, Chief Strategy Officer.
- Chairman at CarbonBlue Innovations, an investment company, for 6 years (ongoing).
- Co-founder at One World Blockchain Alliance for 3 months (ongoing).
Target market experts
- Managing Director, Head of Blockchain Investment Banking at Boustead Securities for 3 years.
- Director of Marketing and Business Development at David Francis Law Firm for almost 2 years.
- Co-Founder of Leet Gaming, an e-sports platform, for 4 years.
No team member with legal expertise.
Software engineering experts
Andrey Porubyanskiy, Project Lead.
- .NET developer at Diceus for almost 2 years.
- .NET developer and Team Lead at Triolan for almost 5 years.
Blockchain development experts
No blockchain developers are mentioned on the Hybridblock homepage.
Token sale structure experts
Hybridblock has a well-established network in the crypto sphere. As a result, they should have access to experts who can assist them with their token sale structure.
Token economics experts
Same as above.
- Nothing written in this article is a legal or an investment advice.
- Information is provided on a best-effort basis and is subject to change without prior notice. Be sure to verify everything you read with a project team.
We are constantly working on improving our work, so we welcome all constructive feedback. Let us know what you think.
Follow us and subscribe to receive regular reports!