Hertz ABA Update!
Hertz (Hz) is a Algorithm Based Asset (ABA) which is pegged against the USD and modified to oscillate using a sine wave, thus we are able to create potential phases of buying and selling pressure.
I've updated the smartcoin settings & description and submitted a new PR on wackou's price feed script repo to change 'amplitude=1/3' to 'amplitude=0.14' since the amplitude was changed from 50%, to 33.33% to finally 14%.
Why the reduction in amplitude? Since this is the first Hertz ABA, it makes sense to reduce the volatility. If Hertz proves popular then we can look into a higher amplitudes like 33% or even 50%. Really, there's nothing stopping anyone creating their own Hertz ABA with modified properties (different amplitude, period, etc).
Properties of Hertz (Hz):
- Amplitude: 14% (NOT 33% nor 50% - It was changed to 14% for the first HERTZ asset).
- Period: 28 days.
- Daily price feed change: 2% per day.
- Max price feed rate: $1.14
- Min price feed rate: $0.86
- Maintenance collateral ratio (MCR): 175%
- Maximum short squeeze ratio (MSSR): 150%
- Max feed lifetime: 1440
- Delay for forced settlements (minutes): 720
- Percent offset of forced settlements: 1%
- Min number of feeds: 7
Price feed scripts:
- Reference Python scripts & calculator
- Wackou's 'BTS_Tools' (Only use if pull request #44 is merged, OR if you change 1/3 to 0.14 yourself manually).
- Xeroc's 'Bitshares-PriceFeed'
Who can currently provide price feeds?
Currently only active witnesses are able to provide price feed updates for the Hertz ABA. If you are a Bitshares witness then please begin providing price feed updates for Hertz.
It won't be active until there are 7 active price feed publishers so it might be a few weeks.
Want to know more?
Any questions about Hertz? Do you have any ideas for your own Algorithm Based Assets?