Announcing version 0.3.11 of the Bitshares Airdrop Tool! UX changes, Major optimizations and more! 🤖
What is the Bitshares Airdrop Tool?
It's a recently released multi-platform application which enables anyone to perform airdrops (asset distributions) on multiple Bitshares based blockchains.
So what's new in version 0.3.11?
Custom airdrop UX improvements
- Upload custom airdrop json in the custom airdrop prep page instead of the custom airdrop page
- Use modals to display react-window content, the Airdrop cards, and JSON data prominently
- Avoid rendering the ticket holder inclusion/exclusion radio button group if user hasn't fetched tickets
- Uses pagination for valid/invalid airdrop user lists (avoid exceeding max limits https://github.com/bvaughn/react-window/issues/551)
- Adapt the custom airdrop page for millions of users, reducing DOM content and remove JSON input to reduce memory usage.
- Caching data with useMemo
- Avoid fetching 1 million objects on file input
- Update packages
- Translate copy json button
- Add custom airdrop scripts
Preview the latest changes!
Let's try out the latest changes, with a 1.8 million user airdrop input!
The valid airdrop users in the modal are so numerous the list of users is paginated!
The airdrop cards are now paginated in a modal, so as to optimize the DOM contents in the options page.
As you can see below, 1.8 million users in batches of 10k results in 180 airdrop cards!
It looks like you can reliably airdrop onto approximately 15k users in a single transaction!
You could squeeze in a few hundred more if your account id is a low number, as well as the account numbers of the airdrop recipients.
What do you want to see from the Bitshares airdrop tool next?
Do you have any plans for future airdrops on Bitshares based blockchains? Do tell in the comments below!
Don't have a Bitshares account? Make one today!