Stop Using Blockfolio App - Its Calling Home with Too Much Info (+Small Safety Tutorial)
What is Blockfolio
I have done a review of Blockfolio long ago here if you are not familiar its an app which allows you to track prices of chosen coins and has almost all altcoins you can imagine.
But it also has another neat option - you can add there amounts of coisn you have, price you bought at and it will constantly show you how much your whole coin portfolio is worth, you can check stats of all coins you have and more.
The app looks and works amazing. No doubt in this.
Blockfolio Tracks All Your Moves and Coins
While i knew this app is great i have only used it to track prices, i have never put there single info about my orders or amouns of what i own. Due to years online and 7th year in cryptocurrency (omg.. im so old) ive expected abuse to happen.
I hate tracking of any kind and imagine here you give full info on your net worth to randoms.
Due to todays findin it gets even better - they have over 100 000 downloads and can fully track move of everyone to not only track people but track and predict moves on markets.
Website BitcoinErrorLog went by code and all homecalls in the app and found some sneaky things there.
But as i said - its nothing surprising. Possibly after this went public app owners will stop this or mangle it more..
Either way its never good to use such 3rd party apps that track you and trusting them with your money.
How to Stay Safe in Crypto World
- Obviously - if you dont have key to your coins, they are not yours. Never trust exchanges or webwallets.
- In Bitcoin a like coins - often change wallets, use new addresses for deposits.
- Have backups of your keys for coins also outside home.
- Use VPN and change IPs on it often, i currently use Traceless.
- Never share your keys with anyone on internet.
- Add 2FA on exchanges, if they dont have this option.. Dont even use them.
This are the basics to get you started.
Follow, Resteem and VOTE UP @kingscrown creator of http://fuk.io blog for 0day cryptocurrency news and tips!