How big are Bitcoin and Ethereum?

in bitcoin •  last year

universe-1044107_960_720.jpg

Wow this space is blowing up. ICO's bring token after token to the market. Ethereum and Bitcoin have a combined USD value of $68 billion. A trustworthy solution to all of our problems is revolutionizing the world, and technology will rule above governments and corporations. All built on a new kind of database - blockchain.

Anyone ever look at what the biggest database company in the world is valued at?

Oracle Corporation. $202.49 billion USD. 4.41 billion shares at $48.85 per share.
Screenshot 2017-07-06 at 6.24.53 PM.png

Oracle is 3x bigger than Bitcoin and Ethereum combined. According to coinmarketcap; the total value of all tokens, $100.7 billion, is half of what the total value of Oracle Corporation is.

Larry Ellison is the co-founder of Oracle Corporation. His personal net worth is $60 billion. He's only $8 billion short of owning every Bitcoin and Ether token in circulation. In 2012 he purchased the Hawaiian island of Lanai for $300 million, effectively owning 97% of the island, while the Hawaiian State Government retains the remaining 3%.

Let's not forget there are other database's. Microsoft and IBM are huge players in the database market. And the fourth largest, MariaDB, is an open-source hardfork of MySQL. MariaDB was forked by lead developers from MySQL over concerns of the acquisition by, you guessed it - Oracle Corporation.

Authors get paid when people like you upvote their post.
If you enjoyed what you read here, create your account today and start earning FREE STEEM!
Sort Order:  

Man, that's big!

·

Oracle Corporation you mean?

·
·

Lol, yeah. XD