BBQ Pineapple - Cooking Dessert on the BBQ
Grilled Pineapple is one of those rare delicacies that add a lot to your BBQ. Tangy, sweet, and caramelized fruit is always a great addition to your meal. Usually seen in Caribbean cooking and asian kebabs, pineapple is a great side to pork and chicken, but it can also be used to create a great sweet treat for after the main meal. This collection of recipes focuses on what you can do with pineapple to create an unforgettable dessert for the end of your BBQ feast.
Step by step, it's pretty simple.
- Take your pineapple and cut off the skin
- Cut out pits, and at some point the tough core
- Baste a marinade on pineapple slices
- Cook slices on BBQ 5-10 minutes depending on thickness
- Baste a marinade on whole pineapple on rotisserie
- Rotisserie for 30-40 minutes until nicely caramelized
- Remove, slice, drizzle, and add Ice Cream
Take a look at these great step by step examples, guaranteed to give you the munchies and get some pineapple on your BBQ!
Rotisserie Pineapple with marinade recipe
Grilled Pineapple slices with marinade, served with ice cream
BBQ Pineapple with sweet glaze
This guy creates the best looking end product, the extra steps definitely look worth it.
Grilled Pineapple and Bananas Foster
Expert level recipe with Banana liqueur flambe sauce over grilled banana and pineapple.