- Vincent van Gogh was born on March 30, 1853, in Groot-Zundert, Holland. He was named after his grandfather and his stillborn brother who died one year before Van Gogh was born.
- During one of his seizures, Van Gogh attempted to attack his friend Paul Gauguin with an open razor. This ultimately resulted in Vincent cutting off a piece of his own ear – but not the whole ear as is often rumored.
- Astonishingly, Vincent wrote over 800 letters in his lifetime with the majority of them written to his brother and closest friend, Theo.
- Van Gogh never found romantic love in his life after a couple failed relationships.
- Van Gogh painted 37 self-portraits
- Van Gogh was 27 years old when he painted his first piece.
- His brother’s wife collected Vincent’s paintings and letters after his death and dedicated herself to ensuring that his work received the recognition it deserved.
- When Van Gogh first began painting, he used peasants as models. He would later paint flowers, landscapes and himself, mostly because he was too poor to pay the models.
- Van Gogh created his most famous work “The Starry Night” while staying in an asylum in Saint-Remy-de-Provence, France.
- Vincent only sold one painting during his lifetime and only became famous after his death.
Thanks for reading. If you like Vincent Van Gogh as same as me let me know in the comment.
I hope you will enjoy it!