I want to share with you my new pencil drawing of Lionel Messi. He is one of my favourite football player, so I decided to draw his portrait. I completed the drawing today, I hope you will like it.
Drawing duration : 11.5 hours.
Materials used :
HB, 2B, 4B, 6B, and 8B Graphite pencil.
Eraser pencil and a dust free eraser.
Paper stumps and a soft tissue.
Bristol paper A4 180gsm.
The process :
- Made the outlines using a HB pencil.
- Made the the eyes and eyebrows using HB,2B,4B and a 6B pencil. Also shaded the eye area with a HB pencil.
- Made the nose and lips using HB,2B, and a 6B pencil.
- Shaded the face using a HB pencil.
- Started working on the beard by drawing fine lines using a sharp HB pencil.
- I used 4B and a 6B pencil to add more details on the beard. Also started shading on the neck using a HB pencil.
- Started shading on the jacket with a HB, 2B, and a 6B pencil.
- completed shading on the jacket and also started working on the hairs with a HB, 4B, 6Band a 8B pencil.
The drawing is now complete.
Here's a Gif of the process :
Thanks for watching.