Today I started making things out of the second type of native clay I collected a couple weeks back and which I posted pictures of me processing it into a workable clay body.
**********to see the video, scroll down to the bottom of the post**********
It ended up being a bit rougher than I had anticipated, but just enough that it was fun to work with and not frustrating, which can be the case when clay is just too hard to work with due to chunkiness, lack of plasticity, etc... Since you can't tell from the video, here are some pictures of the wet cups:
Anyway, you can see that there are some larger inclusions left in the clay, and this is really the way I want these, because they will have interesting surfaces after they are fired (I hope). I'm sure there will be a few bad surprises in there as well, but going with interesting clay is almost never something you will regret.
The video is about 8 minutes long, and I do start explaining things a bit a few minutes into the video, but the beginning is silence, or rather, background music because I had my stereo on. That's Marillion playing in the background, for anyone who's curious...
Thanks for visiting!