The newest Desktop Wallet release is here, bringing new features, better
Ledger Nano S & Nano X improvements and support (Bluetooth compatibility will be
featured in an upcoming release) and numerous reported bugs fixed.
Thank you to everyone who has helped us improve the Desktop Wallet by reporting
issues, requesting new features, and by lending us a helping hand to tackle
**The new wallet is available for download at:
- **Add option to export wallets **— added the option to export your wallets from
- Show remaining bytes in vendorfield helper text — adds a helper text to the
vendorField input showing how many chars/bytes can be still entered.
- **Add option to hide the wallet button text **— adds the option to hide the text
from the buttons on the wallet page, to allow for a more condensed view and make
room for additional action buttons (can be set in Profiles>Edit Profile>Wallet
Design>Hide text from wallet buttons).
- Add the status icon and plus/minus sign in the transaction viewer — inbound
transactions are shown in green text, outbound in red. The most common form of
color blindness affects red/green so this is difficult to distinguish for people
with color blindness. We have now provided additional markers for people who
would otherwise experience issues differentiating between the two.
- Open transaction modal on dashboard now available for Bridgechains via AIP 13
functionality (URI Scheme)— transfer modal when using AIP13 and no wallet is
selected was broken. We have made AIP13 (URI Scheme) improvements so you can now
use it with other Bridgechains as well.
- **Store sidebar sorting and filters **—Desktop Wallet now remembers the user’s
preference and saves it.
- **Wallets and contacts right panel show as selected **— when the user chooses a
wallet/contact, it wasn’t selected in the right panel. This has now been fixed
to show which wallet/contact is selected.
- **Ledger white-screen and other Ledger improvements **— we have re-implemented
how Ledger gets recognized and connected, fixing the majority of reported
white-screen reports that occurred while users were using Ledger.
- **Use the theme colors for the wallet filters instead of white **— some dropdown
menus still had white background while in dark theme, this has now been updated.
- **Don’t close custom peer modal when clicking inside **—after opening the modal
to add a custom peer, it was impossible to use it, because when clicking inside
it, it automatically closed. Now it stays open so the user can set their
preferred peer and save it normally.
- Wallet address and balance clickable on Wallets page — On the Wallets page,
wallet addresses and balance were disabled for navigation to wallet. However,
most users tend to click on ARK address to navigate to the wallet (now
- Fixed other network fees when higher than ARK static fees — resolved an
issue with non-ARK chains, where the fee greater than ARK’s static fees resulted
in not being able to send transactions.
- Require user action when generating 2nd passphrase — whenever the user
chooses to generate a second passphrase, show a warning modal for user
- **Display the wallet sidebar filters on the right position **—wallet sidebar
filters were not displayed correctly (now fixed).
- **Fixed saving of invalid profile name on leave **—when leaving the profile
edition page, it presented a “leave and save” button. This allowed invalid
profile names to be saved as there was no validation.
- **Don’t switch twice when selecting wallet in the wallet sidebar **— this new
measure avoids a subsequent race-condition that was pushing an additional entry
to the navigation history. The result was that, when navigating from the wallet
page to the profiles section, the route was ignored since it was trying to load
a wallet page with no address. The router was redirecting to the wallets
- Use Nock to mock tests — Replaces
axios-mock-adapterfor mocking API
endpoints in tests. Since updating
axiosto 0.19, it was no longer working
axios-mock-adapter. In the future, we will likely remove
get,which is also used in core.
- **Stop hover from displacing address container **— when hovering over the shown
addresses in the Create Wallet page, there was a slight vertical displacement of
- **Tidy permission method names and check exists **— There are some plugin
permissions that did not load methods. This wasn’t being accounted for, so it
tried to load methods for all permissions which produced an error if the method
did not exist.
- **Fixed a crypto function in Ledger transactions **— the latest version of the
crypto package does not allow to get struct without a signature and a sender,
this has now been modified in Desktop Wallet as well.
- Prioritize Ledger wallets on the wallet sidebar — Ledger wallets are now
prioritized (displayed first) in the wallet sidebar menu.
- **Ledger wallet sidebar filter **— the switch to hide Ledger wallets on the
wallet sidebar wasn’t working.
- Fixed days on the X axis of the market chart — market chart was sometimes
displaying values such as “7:undefined PM”.
- **Improved validation for epoch format **— when adding new networks epoch format
is properly validated (epoch is a time when network started to tick).
- Aligned the add profile placeholder — aligned design of profile placeholder
- **Upgrade Vue and other dependencies **— updated dependencies we use for
development to the latest version.
- Fixed duplicated key warning on new wallet page — the wallet creation page
threw several errors on the console tagged as Vue warnings.
- **Ledger options on build **— Fixed problems with Ledger Options button on built
- Added Altilly exchange to the list of known wallets.
**Note for developers: **With the upcoming release of ARK Core v2.5 on Mainnet,
which will mainly be focused on cleaning up some legacy code alongside API v1,
we will be dropping API v1 support in the Desktop Wallet. Please prepare any
tools or services that are still utilizing API v1 and update to API v2 prior to
Changes In Numbers
Since the previous release:
- **10 different developers **contributing to the ARK Desktop Wallet.
- 56 new commits to the ARK Desktop Wallet.
- 78 files changed in the ARK Desktop Wallet.
- 4,379 lines of code added to the ARK Desktop Wallet.
- 2,348 lines of code deleted from the ARK Desktop Wallet.
Hashes for 2.5.0 of Desktop Wallets (SHA256)
- Linux (ark-desktop-wallet-linux-x64–2.5.0.tar.gz)
- MacOS (ark-desktop-wallet-mac-2.5.0.dmg)
- Ubuntu (ark-desktop-wallet-linux-amd64–2.5.0.deb)
- Windows X86 (ark-desktop-wallet-win-x86–2.5.0.exe)
- Windows X64 (ark-desktop-wallet-win-x64–2.5.0.exe)
- Linux-AppImage (ark-desktop-wallet-linux-x86_64–2.5.0.AppImage)
I found a bug / an issue — what do I do?
Please open an issue with all of the details on ARK Desktop Wallet
I want to help with development — what do I do?
I want to translate Desktop Wallet into my own language — how can I help?
Please read the instructions at this
**Click on the arrow to open the full guide.