Dear CLOAK Community,
We're pleased to announce the CloakCoin v220.127.116.11-beta 'rEVOLUTION' wallet for Windows and Linux.
The Mac & Raspberry Pi wallet will be available soon.
THESE WALLETS ARE IN PUBLIC BETA NOW - WARNING: STILL EXPERIMENTAL
Version 18.104.22.168 'rEVOLUTION' brings various fixes & improvements; biggest change is full wallet file encryption/decryption on exit/start, fixing a major anonymity flaw detected and explained in Cognosec's audit report (balance & transaction information access).
For improved and added security, users can now enter a password on every wallet shutdown (if they want), fully encrypting the wallet file information, including balance & transactions. Users will be prompted for a passphrase to decrypt their wallet on startup if needed, software will automatically detect whether it's a standard or an encrypted wallet. IMPORTANT: As always, please DON'T forget the passphrase entered - the coins/funds will be lost and wallet file rendered unusable!
The 'Encrypt wallet' functionality previously available in the wallet is still there - keep in mind it will only encrypt your private keys though, an evil actor with unrestricted access to your wallet.dat (such as a backup) might still view your balance and transactions data. 'Backup wallet' functionality was not modified and still creates standard/unencrypted backups - if you want to store an encrypted backup please exit the wallet, encrypt it with a passphrase when prompted and store a copy of current wallet.dat file.
- fully encrypted wallet.dat on QT wallet exit: safer storage of your wallet.dat & restricted access to account/transaction info (backup wallet function still makes unencrypted backups)
- DLLs required and the app install folder are now read-only & hidden; elevated privileges required for write access
- optimized loading performance by doing smart things with big numbers calculations: 20% faster blockchain index loading time
- increased dbcache defaults in src/db.cpp & src/txdb-leveldb.cpp, resulted in 30-50% speed performance increase for syncing blocks
- removal of BigNum dependency in some code parts & trust calculation optimization (uint256) seems to have fixed the - - memory leak/bloat on both QT & daemon (yay Anorak!)
- TX view in block explorer
- Install over existing wallet
- Enable Enigma by default
- ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL FIX FOR ENIGMA - cloaker addresses were not picked up when scanning in certain rare cases, which would result in lost funds instead of a reward for participating in Enigma. Great news: these can now be recovered by running 'scanforstealthtxns' in the (debug) console!
- dev fund & governance
- voting system (solid idea in place, wfc)
- reskin the UI to something more modern (designs exist)
- phase out BigNum completely and other possible structs/types that prevent compiling with openssl 1.1.x
- upgrade btc-dependent code to more recent btc/ltc codebase (not looking forward to that, long overdue)
The CloakCoin source code is on different repository. Head over to CloakCoin repository (https://github.com/CloakProject/CloakCoin) to view the code, open issues related to code and send pull requests.
Peace & Love