☠️SMALL STUDY ON "DELHI AIR POLLUTION" WITH CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF THE POLLUTION.☠️

in #air2 years ago (edited)

According to WHO survey of 1600 cities, Delhi is the worst in any major city.
environmental-protection-405881.jpg
In November 2017, in an event known as Great Smog Of Delhi the pollution level of the Delhi spiked far beyond from the acceptable. Levels of PM2.5 and PM 10 particulate matter hit 999 micrograms per cubic meter, while the safe limits for those pollutants are 60 and 100 respectively.



Causes Of Air Pollution

1. Motor vehicle emissions is main reason behind the air pollution in the city. Public transport vehicles are only available for 50% people of the city. So, most of the people rely on private transportation.

smoke-637620.jpg

2. According to "Census 2012", 90% of the households use LPG for cooking, the remaining 10% uses wood, crop residue, cow dung, and coal for cooking. Burning of wood, cow dung causes a lots of smog in the air.

3. The Badarpur Thermal Power Station is another source of pollution in the city. Despite producing less than 8% of the city's electric power, it produces 80 to 90% of the particulate matter pollution from the electric power sector in Delhi.

4. Agricultural stubble burning also affects Delhi's air quality when crops are being harvested. City neighbour state Haryana produces a lots of stubble burning, which causes the city harmfully.



Effects Of Air Polution

1. Effects on Children

2.2 million children in Delhi have irreversible lung damage due to the poor quality of the air. In addition, research shows that pollution can lower children’s immune system and increase the risks of cancer, epilepsy, diabetes and even adult-onset diseases like multiple sclerosis.
gas-mask-2665907.jpg

2. Effects on Adult

Poor air quality is a cause of reduced lung capacity, headaches, sore throats, coughs, fatigue, lung cancer, and early death.



@sanzib💀

Sort:  

Good bro keep support me upvoot and comment back in my post https://steemit.com/all/@teachyou/professional-photography