What is Actifit ?
Activity and fitness are two key aspects that can determine the health and quality of life of an individual.
Today's technology, while improving and easing up communication, access to information, transportation, and so many other aspects of our lives,... yet unfortunately we are getting stuck behind screens and desks for hours and hours, with practically little or no movement.
Relying on the innovation of blockchain technology, cryptocurrency, and particularly steemit.com - with its impressive underlying social-based and social-oriented approach towards reward pool and rewarding good contributions via upvotes, we decided to leverage this technology in order to provide an incentive for people to get active and fit!
We've had the idea for Actifit for several months now, and now it's became a reality, especially that SMTs are becoming imminent.
Actifit aims to create an SMT on top of steemit.com to allow proper reward based on "Proof of Activity" for its users. This would require the users to provide proof of their physical fitness activity, and reward them accordingly.
To avoid scammers, Proof of activity relies on automated capturing of said activity, and to get that accomplished, we will be kicking off such work relying on step count, while hopefully expanding this in the near future to allow more activity tracking to be able to better (and more accurately) reward active and fit individuals.
How does it work?
There is a wide variety of step count (and health) trackers available that can be easily installed on mobile phones, such as Google Fit, MyFitnessPal, Samsung Health,... and of course not to forget wearables such as Fit Bit, or hardware-based pedometers.
While some of those trackers allow you to edit your actual activity, which is something we do not allow as it could lead to manipulation, we have been working on building our own app which handles capturing the step count relying on existing open source work and Android support.
We have been planning this announcement for few weeks now, but decided to only make it happen after having our v0.1 of the Android app ready for use, and it is ! :)
So the tracking and reward process would be through those “easy yet active” 5 steps:
- Download our free Android “Actifit Fitness Tracker” app from googleplay via this link here
- Install and run the app.
- Perform your activity / workout. Steps are auto recorded in background (visible through app)
- Once you reach your target steps, click Post to Steemit. New posts will be created with the first tag as #actifit and auto-includes step count.
- Get rewarded!
You are eligible for a single post/reward per day. Only your last post will be taken into consideration when the voting round kicks off.
Please note that We DO NOT store your private posting key online anywhere, and it is sent via https to create your post. We do however store your user and posting keys privately on YOUR DEVICE to be accessible only via the app for ease of re-use to the user.
Also most importantly, our app is open source, and accessible on github here.
Auto Step Recording
Posting to Steemit
What is the Actifit token?
We will be introducing our ACTIFIT token. At the time being, and until SMTs are ready, ACTIFIT will be an ERC20 token to be swapped once SMTs are officially live.
ACTIFIT tokens will be airdropped in different ways to steemit users as detailed below, including as delegation incentive, proof of activity (posts) rewards, upvote and resteem incentive, as well as reward mechanism for continuously helpful members of actifit team.
How is the post reward calculated?
Posts that meet the requirements will be awarded via two approaches:
Steemit Upvotes: via @actifit steemit account, whose SP we aim to grow particularly via delegations (more on delegator rewards below).
ACTIFIT Tokens: tokens will be rewarded for quality posts. More details below
The reward mechanism will be based on two aspects:
Step Count: Many fitness, health coaches, and apps recommend a target daily step count of 10,000 steps. In order to qualify for a minimum reward,you will need to have attained at least a min of 5,000 steps as a base number. The number of steps will determine a portion of the relevant reward the post will receive. Below are the general rules affecting what we term as “activity valuation percentage” for every post, meaning how much percent of total recommended effort was the post creator active during the day:
0 to 4,999 steps: 0%
5,000 to 5,999 steps: 20%
6,000 to 6,999 steps: 35%
7,000 to 7,999 steps: 50%
8,000 to 8,999 steps: 65%
9,000 to 9,999 steps: 80%
10,000 and above: 100%
Community Vote: The community will also be determining a portion of the post reward value utilizing Steemit’s upvote concept. The more upvotes a post receives, the higher valuation it gets and following a higher reward,provided the minimum step count condition is met and according to the score received via above valuation. So for instance,a user who has attained 7,500 steps per day, will be at 50% active, and hence this percentage will be multiplied by the pending SBD amount to calculate the ranking of the post according to which it will receive the upvote from the @actifit account
Actifit Voting Power consumption: On a daily basis and at a set time, Actifit will review the list of posts eligible for rewarding, and cast a Steem upvote to consume no more than 20% Voting Power of @actifit account, so as to successfully re-generate power for the following day upvote session.
ACTIFIT token reward: Each post will also receive ACTIFIT tokens relying solely on the activity valuation. Hence the percentages mentioned above will reflect as actual ACTIFIT tokens. For example, the post mentioned above with 7,500 steps will actually receive 50 ACTIFIT tokens, and so on and so forth.
Posts upvoted by bid bots will NOT be eligible for reward as this could improperly influence their valuation.
Is there an incentive to delegate SP?
Of course! We are hoping to be able to grow the actifit account to seriously reward physical activity and fitness via Steemit upvotes. In order to do that, we will be rewarding delegators as follows:
- Posts eligible for upvote by @actifit account will already have a 5% beneficiary amount, the rewards of which will go to delegators pro-rata to their delegation percentage. I.e. the more SP delegated the higher your reward portion will be. Another 5% beneficiary amount will also be reserved for rewarding continuous help and effort done by the Actifit team.
- Delegators will also receive weekly ACTIFIT tokens which are also calculated on a pro-rata basis according to delegated SP. The weekly reward pool for delegators is capped at 700,000 ACTIFIT tokens, with a max cap of 1 ACTIFIT to be awarded per 1 SP per day. So an account delegating 50 SP will receive weekly up to 350 ACTIFIT tokens.
You can easily delegate via one of the links below
50SP, 100SP, 250SP, 500SP, 1000SP, 5000SP, 10000SP, 50000SP, 100000SP,
Make sure you have at least 15 SP left on your account.
Did you say Airdrop?
So in addition to the award mechanism above, and the delegators airdrop, we would like to also further award fitness upvoters/resteemers via airdrops, as follows:
We will assign a weekly reward pool for upvoters and resteemers capped at 700,000 ACTIFIT tokens, with a max cap of 1 ACTIFIT to be awarded per each upvote/resteem per day. So for example if you upvote 2 #actifit posts, you will receive 2 ACTIFIT tokens. If you also resteem those 2 posts, you will benefit from additional 2 ACTIFIT tokens.
What’s to come?
- So as we highlighted above, our Actifit Fitness Tracker Android app is now available to automate the step tracking and allow for instantaneous post creation from within the app. We will look into having an iOS version of the app.
- Our official Actifit.io website is a work in progress, which will be a goto place to check on actifit posts and relevant activity, but also ACTIFIT tokens awarded to each account.
- We have further plans on growing the platform to capture and track much more useful data, including cals burned, heart rate, weight, height, age, but also more innovative ways to capture fitness activity including workouts, exercises,...
- We are looking into integrating with other APIs which could enhance and expand the experience of tracking fitness data, particularly via other wearables.
- Please note that while we made our best to ensure the best start of the project, yet we might have missed something or made a decision that could have been enhanced, and hence will constantly make updates to the project and aim to enhance all aspects to ensure it satisfies its purpose of rewarding the community’s fitness activity.
Where can we chat more? Discord?
Yes, discord of course!
We created Actifit server to interact with the community.
If you have ideas, you want to chat about the Actifit project, or have questions about the process or the app, you can join us via this link actifit discord