SECURITY is our top priority, we upgraded to v0.19.3.
It's not mandatory but highly recommended to upgrade the Witness server using v0.19.3 to apply the security patch to address the SPAM issue on STEEM Blockchain. If you're running a Witness server, Seed and RPC, schedule your maintenance soon.
Image source from: https://Yehey.com
To avoid missing block, disable your Witness server before you run the update using tool like Conductor.
If you have a backup Witness server, apply the security patch here so you can test your upgrade. If the upgrade is successful, disable your primary Witness server switch to your backup server and do the same process to your other witness server. The upgrade is pretty much straight forward, if everything run smoothly the upgrade will take less than 5 minutes depending on your internet speed download.
Previously fixed, but not contained in a tagged release, is a fix for an I/O vulnerability that could lead to a denial of service attack on nodes. Added mitigations regarding bandwidth for custom operations, exploitation of which could lead to minor network instability, resulting in high block latency and the missing of blocks by witnesses. Source: https://github.com/steemit/steem/releases/tag/v0.19.3
How to upgrade?
Thanks to @someguy123, he provided details on how you can upgrade your Witness server to v0.19.3. https://steemit.com/witness-update/@someguy123/important-update-steem-in-a-box-for-v0-19-3-steemfeed-js-update
Witness Server Upgraded
- 64GB RAM
- intel i7
- 2x240 GB SSD
- 1gbit/s network
- Price Feed update every 1 hour.
I'm not going to bore you with technical stuff, so keep on reading with other projects update.
- Phishing sites will not going anywhere anytime soon, specially Steem is gaining popularity. And many of the accounts are identified by their personal names, less work for the hackers to gather information about yourself. How can you minimize risks?
- Use your POSTING key to post and comment. Keep OWNER and ACTIVE key always SECURED.
- Double check or triple check the URL address before you login to the website. If in doubt, don't hesitate to ask anyone in the forums.
- Ignore the links that you're not familiar, always check it before you login.
@Yehey Witness Projects
- @Broadcast giving FREE up vote. I increased the delegation to 1600 SP. Right now it is a self-funded project, hopefully other Whales will help out too. Please join our chat at https://SteemChat.com to say hello. Use post-promotion - channel $upvote [yourlink] to receive up vote from @Broadcast 24x7.
- @Automation bid bot helping @Broadcast to gain more SP. The 90% stake goes to delegators/investors and the remaining 10% stake donated to @Broadcast project. Let your SP work for you earn daily rewards, delegate to @Automation to Power Up votes and helping @Broadcast upvote minnows with good content at the same time.
- Community Bot (BETA) by @Council - members of the community can all chip in to power up the bot which will then go through the list of members and upvote the latest post by each. With our combine Steem Powers, we Upvote like a Whale.
- https://Yehey.org (condenser website) Keep steeming for a better future. You need to have a backup website to access the Steem blockchain if Steemit is not available.
- https://Steeming.com mobile web app (still cooking)
- https://SteemChat.com Steem Community at Discord server.
- Managed Witness servers like a baby, up running and continuously providing service to the community. No changes to the servers.
- Condenser sites with GEO/Load Balancer up and running.
If you like what I do helping our community. Please Vote @YEHEY as your Witness.
Go to https://steemit.com/~witnesses URL address then scroll down, type "yehey" and Vote.
I created a short URL to make it easier to vote, using this link https://on.king.net/witness simply click and vote. This will redirect to Steem Connect for safe authentication.