Here is what I've been up to since my last witness post:
- I attended SteemFest! It was great to meet so many amazing Steemians in person :)
- I was a part of the "STEEM Panel Discussion" on MSPWaves Radio, along with @jesta, @blocktrades, @pharesim, @lukestokes, @elear, and @andrarchy.
- I have been spending a lot of time reaching out to various exchanges to try and get STEEM (and SBD) listed. So far I don't have any news, but I continue to work hard on this effort! (As do several others.)
- I was also a guest on the Steemit Growth Forum, held on MSPWaves Radio.
- I was interviewed @terrybrock for his "Steemit Success" series, where I talked about my experience since I first joined Steemit, and my advise for new users on how to be successful. He did a great job on the interview! I highly recomend everyone check it out: Steemit Success Series- @timcliff on Who To Target With Your Content
- I compiled the list of community suggestions for the #roadmap2018 posts into a single aggregated post with a full list of suggestions.
- I continue to spend a lot of time helping the users in the "help" channel of steemit.chat.
- I created a post to help get the word out about @netuoso's new Steem account signup service called SteemCreate, where user's can create a new account using their credit card!!
- I created a guide on CryptoKitties with a lot of information about the game to try and help out fellow Steemians, as well as get picked up by Google SEO results and hopefully direct more people to steemit.com.
- I submitted several pull requests to condenser, including one to add a warning to the SBD->STEEM Conversion page, and one to remove the protection from level 65+ users' posts being hidden if they are downvoted. The SBD->STEEM conversion pull request was not accepted, because Steemit decided to remove the conversion function from the wallet. I'm very glad this was removed instead of just adding a warning, because it was causing a negative experience for a lot of users.
- I continue to post the weekly Reports from the Witnesses series each week, which provides the community with an aggregated report of all the witness reports from the past week.
- I created a post Don't sweat the small stuff with advice to new users about earning low rewards.
Some Information / Suggestions:
- SBDs are currently trading for around $10-12 USD! If you have any SBD sitting in your account, you can get around $10 USD worth of STEEM for each 1 SBD that you have by trading on the internal market :)
- @jesta's update to Vessel is awesome! This will allow developers to develop apps that integrate with the Steem blockchain securely, without the user's keys ever leaving their computer!! (This is huge!)
- If you haven't read about the "Automated Market Makers" that will be implemented as part of SMTs, Smart Media Tokens Talk: What is the Bancor Protocol? is a good read!
- Check out SteemPixels - it is pretty cool :)
- In case you missed @ned's talks at SteemFest, you can view them here.
- Steemit announced that Multi-language support for steemit.com is here / /steemit/@steemitblog/multi-language-support-for-steemit-com-is-here!
- SteemWorld.org is a really useful tool. Check it out!
Forward Looking Plans:
- My main focus right now is reaching out to various exchanges and trying to get STEEM/SBD listed. I know several others are working on this too including @gtg. The more people that we can get reaching out to exchanges and asking for STEEM/SBD to be listed, the better. This means you too! :)
- Continue to provide support in the help channel of steemit.chat.
- Continue with the weekly "Reports of the Witnesses" series.
Summary of Current Witness Parameters:
- SBD Interest Rate: SBD is currently trading way above $1.00. Based on this, my interest rate is currently set to 0.
- Price Feed Bias: My price feed bias is also set to 0. I am not currently planning to use the bias to increase SBD production, because I feel the potential negative consequences outweigh the potential gains. For those interested in more of the reasoning behind this, there is a lengthy discussion in the witness channel of steemit chat.
- Registration Fee: My registration fee is currently set to 0.2 STEEM. This makes it so that a new account costs 6 STEEM (non-delegated), which is about $10.80 USD at current market prices.
- Maximum Block Size: I currently have my block size set to 65,536. No changes here since my last update.
I welcome feedback if you think there are things that I can be doing better as a witness. If you think I am doing a great job, I would really appreciate your witness vote!
Thanks everyone for reading my witness report!