It's hardfork 16 time! Past week I decided to shutdown my VPS based backup witness node because it would not provide enough performance and start with a fresh backupnode on a dedicated box (32 GB, SSD, 6 core). After a couple of days running it and monitoring I decided this morning it was time to swap and upgrade the main witness. Supporting HF 16 now on my main witness, backup witness and seednode:
What else I did the past weeks? First off I spent some extra time with my family as I felt I had not done so in the months leading up to @SteemFest. With a great weekend in our hearts, I finally could :) So we went on a tourist trip to 'Amsterdam Castle' and we visited IKEA, such fun.
- updated SteemTools with latest entries... Now more than 100 tools, apps & services listed!
- finalised @SteemFest, still need to write the reflection though.
- published some of the @SteemFest Video Interview series, still some more to come.
- cut the @SteemFest livestream into single sessions and published them with youtube, utilizing FFmpeg and CLI script: youtube-upload
- Gave @radiosteem some food for thought... contemplating with revisiting the current concept into a steem-music station instead of a steemian-curator station: by broadcasting steem artists instead.
- Setup & funded a SBD-peg maintainer script by @riverhead to buy undervalued SBD and sell overvalued SBD. https://github.com/riversteem/sbd_peg_bot
- Finally got around cloning & running a local copy of Steemit.com on my virtual Vagrant machine, so I can now (try to) make some changes and features for Steemit directly. Before getting totally lingered up in Steemit this summer I was actually at 75% of my react/redux video course so it's a great reason to finalise that one and implement learnings here.
- Lowered the bias and sbd interest rate per following discussions in several witness threads.