Thank you all for supporting me as a witness, even though I'm really bad at writing my updates.
Roque de los Muchachos Observatory, La Palma, 2017
Remember, remember, the first days of November
SteemFest2 is coming to Lisbon.
I'm going to be there, too. If you want to attend, you still have a chance, however, "Minnow" tickets are no longer available, so you will need to buy at least "Regular" tickets (which are still only 50% of cost price).
Discount codes (10%-15%) for flights are still available for those using the Official SteemFest² Carrier: TAP Portugal.
To support the event, consider buying a "Platinum" ticket or sending funds to @steemfest.
To support Travel Reimbursement Fund, consider sending funds to @t-r-f or don't apply for it so that others that are in need can split your share of reimbursement.
I'm also donating 50% of my liquid rewards from witness updates including this one to support @steemfest.
I'm using a non-zero
sbd_interest_rate, at 1%
Poloniex seems to be back on track, so it might be a good idea to take it into account while providing price feeds.
Bittrex and Blocktrades work as usual without problems. The only reason why mention them is to avoid a situation in which one exchange that had problems was mentioned, while others were not. :-)
It is also worth mentioning that thanks to cooperation with Bittrex, UPbit is now supporting both STEEM and SBD in pairs with BTC and KRW.
As some of you might have noticed, I have recently experienced occasional missed blocks.
0.0003% of the blocks that I was supposed to generate this week, but still, it's more than zero.
Fortunately, those blocks were not lost in vain and will eventually lead to reliability improvements.
DDoS, phishing, scam and all different kinds of abuse
The Steem platform is growing and attracting more and more users. That comes at a price. Many different abusers will sooner or later discover Steem, and we need to be ready and aware of dangers.
Treasure your passwords /パスワードを大切に by @fukako
Here are some tips:
- Make a backup of your Master Password or Owner key.
- Keep them safe. That means: OFFLINE.
- Use your Active Key only when you have to:
- For day-to-day actions, use only Posting Key (posts, comments, upvotes)
- When entering your Key or Password make sure that you are on a proper site (check the address bar!)
- Never share your Key or Password with anyone.
- Never use applications or sites that sends your password over the Internet (Please note that the Steemit website use your keys locally in your browser. They should never leave your device.)
- If you are not sure whether or not application or site handle your keys properly, do NOT use it.
- When making transfers, double check your transfer destination. A single letter mistake is enough to make you lose your funds.
- Exchanges never ask for your Steem keys or passwords.
- When you communicate outside of Steem, make sure that person you talk to is the one they claim to be. For example: currently steemit.chat usernames might not match Steem usernames!
- If you think that your Key or Master Password might be compromised - change it immediately.
Full API node
A full node with public steem API
It's available at:
Currently my shared memory file for such node (without account history filtering) takes 151GB and the blockchain itself 38GB
The node is running
v0.19.2, built with:
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE = Release LOW_MEMORY_NODE = OFF CLEAR_VOTES = OFF SKIP_BY_TX_ID = ON
public-api = database_api public-api = login_api public-api = account_by_key_api public-api = network_broadcast_api public-api = tag_api public-api = follow_api public-api = market_history_api public-api = raw_block_api
As mentioned before, I'm going to improve the whole infrastructure by implementing data services and a JSON-RPC 2.0 reverse proxy, so if your service depends on my node, please make sure that you are following my updates and that you can adapt or switch to a different node in time.
If you are running a project that depends on my node, feel free to contact me when you encounter any issues or you need a dedicated node.
If you believe I can be of value to steem, please vote for me (gtg) as a witness on Steemit's Witnesses List or set (gtg) as a proxy that will vote for witnesses for you.
Your vote does matter!
You can contact me directly on steemit.chat, as Gandalf