What I Do
I would like to think of myself as the definition of a social witness. Sure, there are plenty of private conversations, but I try to get around to multiple places. Maybe you have seen me around. I'm fairly jovial. Maybe you have no clue who I am - you will. There are a few larger discords I am not in, but do I really have to be? I support who I can, what I can, where I can and when I can. I may not be the greatest developer out here, so I probably won't get the respect of a few.
BUT, if that's all you think it takes to keep this blockchain running is a few good devs and a few deep pockets, you will be sorely mistaken. You need advocates. You need retention. You need dedicated users. You need a real face. You need a diplomatic fire-starter and audacious fireman. You need, the social witnesses.
What Do I Support?
I delegate the little SP I have to multiple initiatives and communities. When I get more, I will do more. I am partnered on a new bidbot called @alliedforces with @jatinhota that also gives back to some of our preferred communities. You can see for yourself, it's all out there on the blockchain. Not to mention having given away close to 2000 SBD the past 9 months via my contest profile, @killerwhale. I have no major sponsors, this is all done with the help of the family and out of my own pocket. Why? Because I BELIEVE in this blockchain. That's why I became a witness.
We are just lovin' on each other out here! First off, major props to #thealliance family. Love you guys. Also warm wishes and thank yous to the communities I support and am a part of. None of this works without working together. I'm going to make a list of all the ones I can remember that have been and are still there for me as I am for you:
- @adsactly - You guys and gals selflessly showed me support and believed in me and my goals since I found you. Thank you.
- @freewritehouse - Marianne, you all have done something beautiful over here, telling you.
- @thewritersblock - Despite not being in there often, I have a lot of love for many of their members.
- @tarc - You all know how much I love doggies, right?
- @youarehope - You know how good it feels to know you helped put shoes on a child that previously had none?
- #steemsilvergold & @ssg-community - Thank you for infecting me with that good ol' stackitus, I love being a pirate!
- @welcomewagon - I just love what you have done with this Dreemy! Glad I can be a part of it :)
- #sma - I love music, that's all there is to it. The panel over here with @seveaux is a wonderful group.
- @spl - (The Steemit Poker League) I love playing cards, have been playing since I was able to hold them in my hands.
- @poetsunited - Being a poet myself, I know it's difficult to get noticed through verse, it's a tough art to master.
- @minnowbootcamp & @mbc-meps - You all are taking great strides to assist people out here in these hazardous seas.
- @buddyup - A unique concept @calumam, I applaud your love of the platform.
- @thesteemengine - @ethandsmith has performed miracles over here with the help of people like @enchantedspirit & @catweasel.
- #PYPT & The Ramble - @shadowspub has been an amazing and strong growing pillar of fairness and equality here on Steemit.
- @crisangel & @ropavejero - I am honored to be helping (and now the family included) refurbish schools down there in Venezuela.
- @anyoneandeveryone - That has helped me and my peoples along the way!
Decaying Witness Vote
I figure I would bring this back into the fold since there is a lot of talk about it. I journeyed over to github and nobody has even said a peep over there for almost a year so we are revisiting the acceptance of what is called decaying witness votes. What that means is, after a certain amount of time, an inactive account's vote will not be counted as valid. It would also include a clearance of votes from inactive witnesses, effectively removing them from voters' view altogether to eliminate confusion. To get the full scope of the matter, please visit this thread on GitHub.
Seriously. This was brought up in a discussion I was involved in with @sircork, @rhondak (now combined as @noblewitness in collaboration with @gmuxx and @anarcho-andrei) and @lukestokes while we were in Nashville and we were all in accordance to the notion. Everything is a compromise, right Luke? @timcliff has already openly endorsed it, given community agreed upon parameters. @guiltyparties is on board. @jackmiller has made it clear he and several others are willing to accept it in either a soft fork or as part of the HF20. I have also spoken with @followbtcnews and they are in agreement as well.
It Affects Us All
So, if you are up right now, or read this before 10:00 a.m. CST this morning, do come join us and voice your opinion. Where? On @shadowspub's Witness Chat in The Steemit Ramble Server. GET INVOLVED. Especially if you love this place even half as much as I do. The witnesses are the ones keeping your posts coming out, the SBDs in your wallets, and the whole machine running. Think of witness voting as your picks for the All-Star Team or Pro Bowl or heck, even constituents. Most of us will listen to you. Well, speaking for myself, I know I will, I'm here with you. STeeM oN my peoples and don't forget to be YOU.
@snook made this badass gif