My fellow Steemians,
Welcome to my weekly witness update. This is something I do every Friday as some other witnesses do too. Hopefully, this will keep my followers and the community up-to-update with what I've been up to. Ultimately, I hope I may gain your witness approval vote.
The template used here was devised by @jesta. And, as always, I will use the Power Up 100% option for witness updates.
1. Accomplished the week of 2016-11-04
- Worked with @timcliff on the "Welcome to Steemit" page.
- This included putting out the post The Official 'Welcome to Steemit' Landing Page Has Been Submitted to GitHub as a Pull Request!
- Also included finalizing the code changes and submitting the pull request Add welcome page and link in hamburger and empty blog #585 to the Steemit.com GitHub. I have put up a live demo of this page on my test site so you can see what it will look like while it is still in review.
- Created an update post for the various updated features I had added for my Witness Schedule Live Visualization tool released last week.
- Posted about my latest experience with mining, see Adventures of STEEM mining PART 6 - Rabbits 🐇.
- Upgraded my witness nodes and my public seed node (seed.bitcoiner.me) to the latest hardfork 0.15.0. See the @steemitblog announcement at Steem 0.15.0 Released (Hardfork).
- Following the lead of @klye, @timcliff, @smooth, and others, set my account creation fee to 50 STEEM and SBD interest rate to 20%. Hopefully, this encourages more users to sign up as well as help to maintain the SBD strength. As there is a supermajority vote of 50 STEEM, currently when new users sign up, they will receive $5 worth of Steem Power. Not long ago, it was 10 Steem Power which amounted to $1.
2. Upcoming projects/goals
- Follow up on the "Welcome to Steemit" code submission and make any changes from feedback received from review.
- Continue monitoring my steemd nodes to ensure no problems with the 0.15.0 hardfork. I suspect there won't be any as there were minimal changes.
- Continue with @timcliff's wish list and trying to implement some of the items there.
- Continue with Steem-related web projects and have announcements and demos.
- Continue being active on Steemit, Steemit Chat, and GitHub.
3. Thoughts from this week
What an interesting week!
We started with a Halloween-themed logo at the start of the week as a fun addition. Later on, we received many new UI features, like the join date on a Steemian's blog, and finally notifications just now!
There have been many thought-provoking posts from this week, here's a few:
- A Casual Analysis for Steem Speculators
- My Take on the World of Steemit and Everything In It
- Open letter to Dan - how witness pay is ruining the economy, and how this can easily be addressed
- SteemIt Inc funding: open market token sale VS private equity (crowd)funding
This week also saw a continued decline of the STEEM price. However, today we saw it go up immensely! We have not seen such a rally for a really, really long time. In essence, STEEM went from $0.10 to $0.20!
Finally, thanks to everyone who have voted for me as witness. I am currently at 43! Thanks to all who support me and like what I do. It is all very much appreciated!
4. Previous week's update, other links
- bitcoiner - Witness Update #6 - 2016-10-28
- bitcoiner.me - Full Node Details, Live Node Test, Witness Posts, Worldwide Connections Map, Witness Schedule Live Visualization