My fellow Steemians,
So it's that time of the week again. This is my second witness update. I do these weekly on Fridays as some other witnesses do, so I may keep my followers and the community up-to-date. Hopefully, this will show that I strive to be an active and reliable witness and that I may hopefully gain your witness approval vote.
I will use @jesta's template for these witness updates as he is awesome.
1. Accomplished the week of 2016-09-30
- Set up a public instance of the Steemit.com site at test.bitcoiner.me. See the announcement post for greater detail.
- This included spending time learning about the underlying technologies in the codebase and setting up the infrastructure for hosting it.
- Made some changes on that sandbox to start on @timcliff's Steemit Wish List. These changes are live on there for trying out!
- Installed SSL certs on all my domains - https://bitcoiner.me, https://test.bitcoiner.me, and https://steemdown.com. The green lock is awesome to see. Courtesy of Let's Encrypt. Thanks.
- Finished up my responses to @thecryptofiend's Witness Questionnaire. Have a read, if you would.
- Helped out other witnesses on Steemit Chat with technical problems.
2. Upcoming projects/goals
- Fill up my GitHub thebitcoiner with commits of my current and future changes so other developers may follow what I'm doing.
- Learn about open source collaboration on GitHub and what Steemit's model and best practices are for doing so. This will enable me to start checking in code changes and hopefully get them integrated into the official site.
- Spend more time learning the Steemit.com codebase.
- Go through more of the wish list and trying to implement them.
- Try to allocate a bit of time for other web projects related to Steem I have in mind.
- Continue being active on Steemit and Steemit Chat.
3. Thoughts from this week
Projects such as these are influential and positive for Steem. Spreading positivity and wealth, building the community, changing lives, helping people, and inspiring the world are indeed noble goals to strive for.
In the case of SteemSports, providing a method of mass SP distribution will encourage long term investment and engagement with the platform, and everybody wins. And since they buy the STEEM via the internal market from earned SBD, they are stimulating the market and generating demand, as the internal market prices are generally at a premium.
In a post from @charlieshrem entitled The Price of Steem - Where Do We Go From Here? Reflections by Charlie Shrem, he gives his thoughts on what the future may look like. Working together to bring value and focusing on helping the community may ensure long-term success. Growth takes time, but the rewards may be fantastic.
Finally, thanks for all who have voted me as witness. My witness campaign has been going great so far, my rank recently going up to the top 50! This is all thanks to you. Thank you to all who trust me and like what I do. Thank you to my followers for believing in me. I will continue to do everything I believe will be beneficial to the long-term success of Steemit.