Blueberry Dream Cake - Gluten Free and refined sugar free!
Here I am again, I will probably not manage to upload new recipes every day anymore, but every now and then I will share my favorites with you. This one is definitely one of them! My latest obsession is to bake with quinoa, never thought it would work or taste good, but I have tried it out several times now and really LOVE it!
I have also shared this cake with my lovely friend Aishlinn @trucklife-family, and she approved:) So you know it's worth trying out!
- Gluten free
- refined sugar-free
- juicy and easy to prepare
- healthy ingredients
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1 cup oat flour (blend rolled oats until you get a fine flour)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour or 1/2 cup coconut rasp
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup coconut blossom sugar
- 10 dates, pitted (the better the quality the better the taste)
- 1 cup water or any plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp apple vinegar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, cold-pressed
- 1 1/2 (or 2 cups) cup blueberries
- Blend the dates with the apple vinegar, water/plant-based milk, coconut oil, quinoa, and psyllium husk until you get a nice cream.
- Mix the dry ingredients (the flours, coconut sugar, and baking powder) in a separate bowl.
- Add the cream to the dry mix and combine with a spoon, fork or a hand mixer. The batter should be quite thick!
- Preheat the oven to 180-degree Celsius.
- Pour the batter into a cake mold covered in parchment paper. Top with the blueberries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden and you can put a knife in the middle and it comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool down.
We are super busy preparing everything for our move to Sweden, but today we took a short break for a swim in the sea and soaking in some sun, which was well needed. Will miss the sea a lot!
Let's keep it short, and see you soon again with another delicious recipe!