Steemit uses Google to search. But this does not always bring the desired results.
For example: I would like to see posts about Price under the Cryptocurrency tag. But Steemit's search function does not answer that.
But I wanted something like this:
So, I decided to write my own code for Steemit Manuel Search Tool.
You can quickly view and download it from my github url: https://github.com/murattatar/Steemit-Manuel-Search-Tool
Yey! It's open source!
- Download and install Python 2.7 with path option (tested only on 2.7) (Be careful: 32bit or 64bit)
- Click windows Start button than write cmd and than hit enter
- Install the following libraries as shown in the picture.
pip install time
pip install re
pip install os
pip install requests
pip install selenium
- chromedriver.exe must be the same folder.
Open 10_Search.py with default IDE.
- Type tag (for exp: cryptocurrency )
- Type search key (for exp: price )
- Type How many times pressing END on the page (for exp: 50 )
..and watch it ;)
It will build search result page for you
If you want to change html: look around line 164
If you don't want to see some users: BlackList.txt
If there are special letters in your local language, you can use this line (1254 for Turkish)
(no need change for english)
inTag = inTag.decode('1254')
searchKey = searchKey.decode('1254')
and you can edit
MakeLink function according to your own language. (its in makelink.py)
Posted on Utopian.io - Rewarding Open Source Contributors