What do you do with your old/unwanted garments?
@askanything is an educational tool, which upvotes questions.
Learn more about @askanything here; https://steemit.com/question/@askanything/askanything-you-are-paid-to-ask-questions
Tips on how to deal with your old/unwanted garments
There is a lot we can do with our old/unwanted garments.
1. Swap with your friends
You can organize a clothes exchange event where each person brings the clothes they no longer want and then you trade or swap for everyone to go back home with fresh items for the wardrobe.
2. Donate and Feel Great
There millions of people across the globe who do not have clothes. Donating your clothing is a great way to give back to the community while also clearing out space in your closet.
3. Be Creative and repurpose your old clothes
Check out online resources for creative ideas on how to turn an old t-shirt into something fresh and new. Or come up with your own ideas to re-fashion your clothing.
4. Sell your unwanted clothes
Resell your clothing online or at your neighborhood. This is a great way to earn some cash.
While donating, reselling, and recycling are nice, the fact of the matter is there’s already an excess of clothes in the secondhand system and this is a major issue which is why investing in quality clothing and buying less are very important in reducing the amount of old/unwanted garments you have.
Learn about what @ecodesigns is doing with old and unwanted garments and support them on Fundition
We can do more but we lack materials and machines to increase our textile recycling and women empowerment project. We have 11 trainees and 02 Training Directors but have just 06 machines which are not enough for the 13 young girls who are striving to get empowered as well as clean-up the world. It is for this reason that @ecodesigns is striving to raise funds to purchase 7 machines so that we can double our productivity and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our textile recycling and fashion designing training.
Learn more about Ecodesigns at https://steemit.com/introduceyourself/@ecodesigns/introducing-ecodesigns-a-textile-recycling-and-fashion-designing-hub-that-is-empowering-young-women
1. Delegate @ecodesigns Steem power. We appreciate any amount of SP Delegation.
2. Upvote @ecodesigns Posts
3. Donate @ecodesigns Steem or Steem Dollars
4. Follow, Comment and Resteem @ecodesigns posts
5. Support @ecodesigns on Fundition to purchase more equipment to train more women and girls in textile recycling and fashion designing hence contribute in reducing youth unemployment, inequalities and poverty, improve the health and wellbeing of people and contribute in cleaning up the environment.