Hi steemers today i wanna tell u all about my experience after visiting TAJMAHAL - the symbol of true love....... Build BY EMPEROR SAHAJAHAN in the memory of his loving wife MUMTAJ MAHAL after her death.......................................... SOME INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT TAJ MAHAL
- The Taj Mahal was built by a whopping 22,000 laborers, painters, stonecutters, embroidery artists.
- Legend has it that Emperor Shah Jahan intended to build another Taj Mahal in black marble across the river but a war with his sons interrupted these plans.
- The changing moods of the Emperors wife are well captured by the changing hues of the Mausoleum at different times of the day. It takes a pinkish hue in the morning, milky white in the evening and golden at night when illuminated by moonlight.
- It intricate work of art and architectural genius took 17 years to complete.
- The most recognizable feature is the white dome at the peak of the mausoleum. Often called the 'onion dome', it rises to about 35 meters (115 feet) and is surrounded by four other domes.
- Taj Mahal is a famous Indian landmark and tourist magnet, attracting more than a million tourists every year.
- As always, rumor mills are on the overdrive about this mausoleum. It is rumored that the Emperor ordered that all the workers who worked on the mausoleum get their hands chopped of so that no one could make anything like it ever again.
- If it was to be built today, Taj Mahal would cost the Emperor about US$100 to make it as beautiful as it is.
- The materials that were used to build Taj Mahal were transported to the construction site by a whopping 1,000 elephants.
Hope this information is beneficial to all those planning to visit India and Taj Mahal....... A must watch tourist spot and among the wonders of world........ Thank u guys come and visit this symbol of love, feels awesome watching its design and art works....... Dont forget to upvote this post guys.....