Half of upvoters only read the headline and the first sentence!
Easiest way to get more upvotes?
- Spend extra time focusing on the title and then the very first few characters which will appear in the home feed and anywhere else the post shows.
View the difference on new posts and trending posts!
- Trending posts consistently make sure to have a clear headline and sell reading the rest of the post in the first sentence. https://steemit.com/trending
- Many authors seen in the new posts section at https://steemit.com/created make almost no effort to clearly communicate the entire value of the post in the title and first sentence which acts to sell a potential reader on clicking or upvoting!
Communicate the entire value of the post within the headline and the first sentence to optimize posts!
- If sharing photography or a video, take the first sentence to sell a viewer on what they will see instead of either leaving the rest of the post blank or shared unrelated messages or anything that is not helping earn an upvote from users just browsing.
- Review the title and first sentence of the post again before posting.
- At least 80% of rewards earned on a post will be a function of the headline and first sentence because readers both vote directly in the feed or decide whether to read based on the title and text.
- Spend at least 20% of the time creating the post on the title, text, and thumbnail or that may be all readers ever see!
Thank you for reading this Steem secret #1!
Would you please upvote this if you want me to make more posts like this because you will feel good about expecting more of these and know that you are a key reason why I made it?