Hello, friends Steemians, this time I bring you a topic about the properties of the plant "Annona squamosa", this plant is also popularly known as anon, kidney, anona or saramuyo; Annona is a fruit belonging to the Annonaceae family.
Regarding its origin, it is said that it comes from the tropical and subtropical areas of America, specifically in countries such as Venezuela, where it is known as "Anón", abounds in Brazil, as well as in Puerto Rico, Cuba, the Dominican Republic. Republic, Haiti, and very cultivated for commercial purposes in Colombia and Mexico, in Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Peru, Bolivia and in the southern United States.
Fruit of annona squamos:
This is a tree that prefers warm climates and its height is usually 2 and 3 meters, although some varieties can reach a height of up to 6 meters. The annona has simple, alternate leaves, 5 - 11 cm long and 2-5 cm wide; lanceolate - elliptical, membranous and pubescent on the underside. Solitary flowers, pedicellate with three pubescent sepals, linear-oblong petals 1.5 - 2 cm long. The fruits are covered with very pronounced green scales, with certain similarities to the pine; Synchharchs 8 - 9 cm in diameter; of cordate form, the pulp is of white color although we can find some varieties with fruits with yellowish pulps, in addition, they possess a great amount of black-brown seeds.
Propagation modes of annona squamosa
The annona spreads through its seeds, it is an easy plant to grow, its seeds are placed in plastic bags with a substrate, so that they germinate and when they reach a height between 15 and 20 centimeters, they proceed to the transplant although for being a plant very resistant to sunny, can be grown directly.
Annona squamosa plant:
Annona squqmosa transplant
The planting frame: the plant is sown at a separation of 2.50 meters between them, preferably in rows to facilitate irrigation, which is usually by gravity.
Pests and diseases that attack the annona squamosa plant
Among the most important pests are the ants, the perforating leaves of the seeds (Bephratelloides maculicollis Cam.) And the fruit-boring moth (Cerconota anonella Sepp.). The most limiting diseases are anthracnose (Colletotrichum gloeosporioides) that attacks leaves, flowers and fruits, and the white spot of the foliage (Cercospora annonae). The late blight.
Ants in the fruit:
Properties of annona squamosa
The annona squamosa plant, possesses many healing properties its leaves and seeds are vermicides and insecticides. and the bark is used as an astringent and its roots are used as a purgative; in addition this fruit has many vitamins for this reason is considered high nutritional content for being a good source of vitamin C, iron and calories.
This fruit, besides being very nutritious, Annona Squamosa, also helps to cure diseases.
- It serves for digestion, for its high content of vitamin B1 and the fibrous consistency of its pulp, it can be used as a remedy for indigestion, making infusions with it.
- La pulpa de este fruto, mezclada con sal, ayuda a la supuración de tumores malignos, furúnculos y hematomas.
- Las semillas, además de ser un poderoso insecticida, pueden ser utilizadas como un poderoso vomitivo, al machacarlas con alcohol.
- Las semillas del anón en aguardiente o alcohol y aplicarlo como loción capilar ayuda a controlar la caspa y a eliminarla por completo.
- El extracto de las semillas de la annona, contiene propiedades anti-microbianas e inhibe el crecimiento de las células de los tumores cancerosos.
- Ayuda a combatir los parásitos intestinales o infecciones por bacterias.
- Annona is used in cases of stress and depression, being considered an extraordinary natural sedative.
- Regular consumption of this fruit helps reduce blood pressure and heart rate, improving blood circulation.
- Helps to improve the nervous system and control anxiety.
- The consumption in infusions of its leaves is used to relieve dysentery, cold and fever. Nutritional values of the Annona S.:
The fruit is rich in vitamins such as riboflavin and vitamin C, regular consumption of this fruit helps fight damaging free radicals and destroy them before they damage the healthy cells of our body.
Quantity per 100 grams:
Total fat 0.3 g
Saturated fatty acids 0 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 0 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 0.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9 mg
Potassium 247 mg
Carbohydrates 24 g
Fiber food 4,4 g
Proteins 2.1 g
Vitamin A 6 IU
Vitamin C 36.3 mg
Calcium 24 mg
Iron 0.6 mg
Vitamin B6 0.2 mg
Vitamin B12 0 μg
Magnesium 21 mg.
For all the nutritional content of annona squamosa, and its healing properties, it is important to include it in our daily diet; I hope this information will be very useful for all my friends steemians, may God bless me and even a next issue.
Posted from my blog with SteemPress : http://oscarcede.vornix.blog/?p=101