AECI Limited would like to appoint 45 unemployed Learners to train in a Chemical Operations (NQF 2) qualification. The Learnership period will be of 12 months duration. The training will involve both Chemical Operations theory and a practical component at various AECI operations in Kwazulu Natal & Gauteng area.
AECI is a South African-based explosives and specialty chemicals company focused on providing products and services to a broad spectrum of customers in the mining, manufacturing and agricultural sectors.
Duties and responsibilities
- Attendance of theoretical classes at the AECI Training Centre situated at Umbogintwini Complex for a period of approximately 2 months.
- Undertake Plant Operator experiential training with a Chemical Plant environment.
- Undertake Shift work and/or Overtime duties as and when required.
- Achieve competency in all relevant NQF Level 2 Unit Standards and compile a Portfolio of Evidence in support of this qualification.
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification with Mathematics and Physical Science / Chemical Engineering S4.
- South African youth.
- Ability to work within a Chemical Plant environment.
- Basic computer literacy would be an advantage.
- Team Work.
- Attention to detail.
- Time keeping.
Closing date is 01 May 2018
Posted from my blog with SteemPress : http://1.mzansilittrends.co.za/2018/04/19/chemical-operations-learnership-opportunities-at-aeci/