What is @randowhale?
@randowhale is an up-vote bot on the Steem blockchain that anyone can pay to have a vote cast on a post of their choosing!
Why did you create @randowhale?
@randowhale was created to give Steemit users the opportunity to reward a post with a larger vote than they are able to provide on their own.
How do I use @randowhale?
- Ensure the post you want a vote to be placed on has not paid out and is not within 12 hours of payout as posts cannot receive votes that increase the reward during this time period
- Copy the URL of the post you would like to have voted on
- Navigate to your wallet
- Select Transfer under Steem or Steem Dollars
- Populate the To field with “randowhale”
- Populate the Amount field with “0.500” (Steem or SBD)
- Paste URL into Memo field
How big of a vote will I receive for my .500 Steem or SBD?
@randowhale makes no guarantees, however, we aim to ensure the vote value is larger than the initial cost, even after curation rewards! We’ve also got some rare, larger votes mixed in there to make things a little more fun!
Why is @randowhale always sleeping?!
I’m a very busy whale. When I get overworked I go to sleep until I’m nice and re-charged to ensure everyone receives a nice, healthy vote! Once I’m rested I automatically wake up, update my status and begin accepting requests!
How can I be alerted when @randowhale wakes up?
Download the RandoAwake Google Chrome Extension from the Chrome store! The extension will provide visual and/or sound notifications when @randowhale goes to sleep and wakes up. Thanks again to @themarkymark for creating this! Please see this post for any questions about RandoAwake security.
If you do not wish to utilize the browser extension, you can simply check https://www.steemit.com/@randowhale to see the status at any time.
I sent a request, but my post did not receive a vote, what do I do?
- Wait a minimum of 10 minutes after submitting your request before proceeding
- Confirm the post did not receive a vote from @randowhale, @randowhale0 or @randowhale1 by selecting the dropdown next to the number of votes the post has received
- Review your wallet to ensure you were not refunded (this may happen if @randowhale is sleeping, a post that could not receive a vote was submitted, etc.)
- Submit a request via Google Forms
I got a refund…why?
- @randowhale is sleeping
- You sent more, or less, than .500 Steem or SBD
- You sent an invalid link
- You sent a link to a post that could not receive a vote
- You sent a link to a comment
What is @randowhalebonus?
What is @randowhaletrail?
What is the @randowhalefund account used for?
Currently, 25% of all funds sent to @randowhale are sent to @randowhalefund. These funds will be used to improve services, increase voting power and provide various rewards to the users of @randowhale.
Thank you all for your support!
If you have any questions, please comment below and we will update this post as needed.