6 months have past since my sign up on the platform, I want to talk about my goals achieved and my future aims, that I've set for the end of the year; I hope to help new users in the process, sharing some tips and tricks.
SKETCH - CC0 - Pixabay
Birth! - Source: Steemd
Steemd data - Source: Steemd
I started my adventure on Steemit February, 15, 2018; it was the full Crypto-Crisis period. I was amazed from Steemit since the beginning: the layout is really pleasing, the platform is easy to use and the foundation at its core makes STEEM as a crypto and Steemit as a website really unique: giving back to content creators is amazing!
In 6 months:
- I've written 742 posts, of which 48 are true articles and 694 are comments or comments' replies.
- I've got almost 500 followers! (A really felt thank you to all fake profiles that made me achieve this, I couldn't make it without you! 😂*)
- I finally managed to break the 1000 SP!
- I'm almost at 60 as reputation! (Maybe this will be the post that will let me break into the 60 zone!)
- I've managed to met amazing individuals and relate somehow with them. Big thank to @kevinwong for be a real inspiration for me (vote for him as witness!)
I have ambitious plan, till the end of the year:
- Get to 70 as reputation
- Reach 5000 SP (and finally become a dolphin!🐬)
- Be involved in at least 2 major projects that will help my growth
- Start my own personal big project on Steemit.
How do I value my user experience in this period?
Steemit is for sure a difficult platform; it's quite common to ask ourselves if the voting power system, if the SP, if bot or else is necessary or even fair. The only reply that I managed to elaborate and I can give to the community is that Steemit, as a system, has some rules that we must accept.
Having a system based on senators of the platform rewards SP accumulation, longevity of users and the time spent on the ecosystem itself; at the same time, the growth for committed user to become PowerUser is extremely harsh. Just to share some data, over 90% of userbase is under Dolphin level, which is not even that high on Steemit.
- You do not necessarily need much Voting Power (VP) to partecipate in Steemit!
If you are new users, just set aside those classifications and charts.
- Do PowerUp if you can and if you believe in the platform. Not taking the profit today really adds up if you want to have a major role in what's coming (Looking at you SMT)
- Start from your confort zone to write, but you can elaborate on almost everything. Either inform or just let your thoughts flow, talking about passions or abilities
- Try to get in touch with user that can help you, this will really matters at the beginning
- Read HTML/MarkDown guides. Learning how to write properly in Steemit is really a must!
- Edit. Work on layout. (RE)Edit and work on layout. Nice! Now the post is ready!
Golden rule: Steemit is the waiting game! (Each of us will discover why at a certain point😁)
When did you sign in on Steemit? What do you like the most of the sytem and what do you hate? Let me know in the comments below!