Be of any suspect “Steem Power Delegation” proposals
Scammers are never short of ideas to get money. Here is a new scam attempt spreading on Steemit.
Potential Scam Description
@Steemitag publish the following comment on user’s post
If you click on the link in the comment, you will be redirected to SteemConnect.com
Where is the potential scam?
The potential scam comes to the fact that if you click on the “Continue” button, you will delegate ALL your Steem Power to @steemitag.
This also means that, by doing so, your account won’t be able to do anything until you get additional Steem Power, because each action on the Steemit Blockchain require available Steem Power to be executed. Currently, even revoking your delegation requires Steem Power.
@steemitag has never published any post to introduce its project.
As of now, @steemitag has already spammed users with 2178 comments.
Therefore, I consider the current campaign from @steemitag as a potential scam!
Preventive action activated
If you find similar phishing attempts, contact me on steem.chat
Previous threat alerts
If you missed them, please find here the previous alerts I published:
- Scam alert and white hat counter-strike
- Phishing exploit has been stopped - Scammers thwarted!
- Potential scammer reported- @jones420
- Fake Steemit website try to steal your password!
- Phishing attack to steal your active key
- Potential scammer reported - @minnowpond
- Scammer reported - @russiann
- Scammer reported - @steemitrobot
- Scammer reported - @tripadvisor.com
- Scammer reported - @harquick
- Scammer reported - @gtg.witnesses
- Phishing site reported - sleemit(dot)com
- Phishing site reported - www.steemitfollowup(dot)ml
- Phishing site reported - www.steemitfollowup(dot)cf
- Phishing site reported - www.autosteemer(dot)com
- Phishing site reported - www.autosteemer(dot)club
- Phishing site reported - upperwhale
- Phishing site reported - steamit(dot)ga
- Phishing site reported - steenit(dot)cf
- Phishing site reported - steemautobot(dot)ml
- Phishing site reported - autosteem(dot)info
- Phishing site reported - steemij(dot)tk
- Phishing site reported - steemitservices(dot)ml
- Phishing site reported - uppervotes(dot)ml
- Phishing site reported - steemupgot(dot)ga
Spread the words, resteem this post to your friends, and you will make the platform safer.
Thanks for reading!