Hello dear Steemians!
I am pleased to announce my intent to be an active witness for the Steem network
Two months ago, I joined Steemit and since then have spent much of my time exploring all aspects of it (technical, society, community, ...) I soon decided being more than a spectator or simple writer. I wanted to involve myself in building and make this community stronger, sharing positive values.
I have important background knowledge of project management, software development in different programing languages, infrastructure management (sysadmin, dbadmin, ... ) for over 25 years. Therefore, I try to use and share my knowledge and experience to help the community
Things I've done so far on Steemit
- I open-sourced Steem.NET, a .NET API library for Microsoft .NET VB and C# developpers
- I created SteemSQL, A public SQL database with all blockchain data
- I did my best to help the French speaking community to develop by supporting French writers
- I focused on curating high quality posts
- I have been active on several channels on steemit.chat
- I tried to inspire positive attitude in my posts and comments.
- More to come about SteemSQL, stay tuned.
- I will continue to support emergence of people speaking other languages than English
- As soon as those project are on the track, I will post on diverse topics I love like philosophy, science, society, travel, ...
- I’m definitely a Steemit addict and plan stay being involved and helpful, both on Steemit and Steemit.chat
- I will continue to curate posts with high quality content, share my thoughts, and reinforces links with and between our community members
My witness infrastructure
I set up two separate servers:
- a private witness node
- a public seed node at seed.arcange.eu:2001
Nodes are running on Xeon E5-1650v2 3.5Ghz 6 cores with 64 GB RAM
Servers are in a EU datacenter with high bandwidth and 24x7 availability.
My goal is to provide a reliable witness with as little downtime as possible. As soon as I get enough witness support (i.e. votes from you), I will scale up the infrastructure to different datacenters spread over the world, adding backup nodes to provide HA and DR.
Please vote for me as a witness:
using your cli_wallet
vote_for_witness [YOURACCOUNT] arcange true true
On Steemit website
You can vote directly from Steemit by going here https://steemit.com/~witnesses
Go to the bottom of the page and do the following
Thank you for your support!
Image from my CanStock account
You like this post, do not forget to upvote or follow me or resteem