Thank you for your overwhelming support on the SteemFest² announcement post. Very humbling and great to see so many of you can make it or trying to make it to SteemFest² in Lisbon on 1/2/3 (4/5) November.
In the past 10 days I have been working more on defining some locations for social night time events and talking with potential speakers. Soon the first speakers will be announced, as well as the ticket prices, bear with me please.
The gist of the program is also finalised and introduces a DIY Best of Lisbon Weekender City Trip for the weekend after the main event:
|Tue 31 October||Hackathon attendees should arrive.|
|Wed 1st November||24hr Hackathon and 'regular attendees' arrive. Welcome drinks at night.|
|Thu 2 November||SteemFest Conference Day 1.|
|Fri 3 November||SteemFest Conference Day 2.|
|4 + 5 November||(optional) DIY Best of Lisbon Weekender City Trip: explore lisbon, follow the must-sees from locals, with some planned activities and a closing dinner on Sunday.|
HF Hotéis Fénix - SteemFest² Official Hotels
Booking site: steemfest2017.hfhotels.com
So yes, of course you need a place to stay and I have researched Lisbon's hotel offering to come up with a nice combination between price, quality and availability and found HF Hotels very open to offering a special price.
This year the official SteemFest² hotel is actually a chain of 4 hotels, of which 3 hotels are literally neighbouring to one-another and one branch at 500 meter walk of the other three.
So, why 4 hotels?Combining these 4 hotels brings the availability to the lowest prices possible and additionally there is some choice for you to pick in diversity in amenities in the hotels (star level / design) and rooms. Many twin bedded rooms are also available so you can easy find a roommate and share a room to lower the price even more for your total stay.
The HF Hotéis Fénix of Lisbon for SteemFest²:
|1.||★★★||HF Music||brand new with a swimming pool on top||€ 84.00|
|2.||★★★||HF Garden||build in 2008 with several awards and a city garden||€ 75.00|
|3.||★★★★||HF Lisboa||cosmopolitan 4 star hotel with city garden and spacious lobby - this will be the SteemFest homebase||€ 97.00|
|4.||★★★★||HF Urban||spacious rooms (at 500 meter walk from the above 3 hotels)||€ 81.00|
All hotels include:
- Free Wifi
- Free breakfast
- Metro stop around the corner
The hotels are situated in the very city center, at Praça Marquês de Pombal, directly opposite the Parque Eduardo VII and will form an ideal base for exploring Lisbon during the DIY Best of Lisbon Weekender City Trip as well as our explorations to various SteemFest Conference locations. There is a metro stop at the Praça Marquês de Pombal and by special aerobus (direct - € 3.60) or metro (1 transfer - € 1.95) or uber (X - € 10) your are only 15 minutes away from the airport.
- The link to the special SteemFest 2017 hotel site (steemfest2017.hfhotels.com) will be up until September 5th. Prices may change after that, provided if there are still rooms available by then.
- Book rather sooner then later. On 3,4,5 November the Volvo Ocean Race comes to Lisbon. On 6 November the Web Summit starts. In other words: things might get crowded in Lisbon and you could miss out... FOMO!
- The reservations are guaranteed by a valid credit card: VISA, Mastercard, Dinners Club, and American Express.
- Check In: from 2:00 PM (Local time).
- Check Out: until 12:00 AM (Local time).
- The total amount of the first night will be charged 48 hours before the arrival - non-refundable.
- Cancelation free up to 48 hours before the arrival (2:00 pm - local time).
Additional room types are also available...!Check the hotel site directly for room types like:
- Rooms for people with reduced mobility
- Family room: up to 4 persons (might have bunk bed)
- Prestige & Suite rooms
- Rooms with terrace / balcony and park view
Once you found a hotelroom not mentioned on the special SteemFest 2017 HF Hotels Reservation Site, use the contact box on the right side menu bar to inquire a personal offer for one of the rooms you would like to stay in. Also, when availability starts running low, contact the hotel through that contact box instantly to get a custom offer.
Some hotel impressions:
View from Parque Eduardo VII on the 3 main hotels
View on the City Garden - if weather permits ideal afterhour SteemFest hangout
View on Parque Eduardo VII
Lobby of HF Garden
Funky lobby from HF Urban
Room in HF Music
Rooftop Swimming Pool on HF Music
How long should I stay?
- If you are joining the hackathon (more info soon - subscribe here) check-in on 31st of October
- If you are a regular attendee, check-in on November 1.
- If you stay for the DIY Best of Lisbon Weekender so you actually can enjoy the city next to the full SteemFest Conference program and closing dinner on Sunday, checkout on monday 6 november.
- If you want to just stay for the SteemFest Conference, that will end on 3 November after 2 full days of panels, presentations, discussions, awards, workshops and social events (would still recommend to checkout on 4 November as we end friday with a blast :D), but just go for option 3 and stay for the weekend!