- @redrica is the core of the London Steem meetups. She is crazy enough to jump in the Thames each morning, but she knows which is the best crypto community.
- @teodora is a world traveller based in London who I have met several time, including twice at Steemfest.
- I do not know @rod.crisafulli and he does not post much, but he is coming too. He looks to be into video, so he and @ashtv should have much to talk about.
- I have met @GillianPierce. She takes some great photos of all sorts of things.
- @goblinknackers is a friend of @slobberchops who is not into posting, but holds a lot of Steem. Maybe we can persuade him to use it to help the community.
Tomorrow should be a fun day of discussions about what #Steem is and what it could be. What would you want to talk about with these people?
#Steem has not being doing great lately, but then a lot of coins are doin as Bitcoin stages a climb past $6000. Stats from @coingecko who have it ranked 58th right now. I remember when it was in the top 10.
The Steem users is stable around 50,000, but ought to be growing with all the new accounts being created. The stats according to Hypestat are not great with dlive likely to overtake Steemit if trends continue. The latter got a boost by signing up PewDiePie recently. If you do not know delive was based on Steem, but left a while ago, leaving some bad feelings.
The issues with building the Steem community are something I want to discuss tomorrow. The platform has issues with lack of development, trolls, greed and low rewards for most, but I still see it as having great potential with a core of great users who want to help it succeed through developing dapps and promoting it.
The geeky guitarist and facilitator of the 10K Minnows Project.