I was poking around on Coinmarketcap and noticed you can see how the chart looked in the past. In July 2016 Steem was in the top 3 cryptocurrencies. It stayed there for about 3 weeks in those early days when there was more hype. Even if it got back to that price it might not make the top 15 as others have risen.
Leaping forward to last March Steem had plummeted to about 7c, but could still make the top 20. I assume others were suffering then too. Now it floats around the high 30s with little sign of breaking away. Maybe hardfork 20 in a few weeks will help.
Today I also found this story of someone putting up a bounty to get a MediaWiki extension that would copy pages to Steemit posts. The articles suggests they might want to plagiarise Wikipedia, but that would probably just get flagged. Maybe it's someone with their own wiki who wants to earn from the content, but would they be exploiting others if it was open to a community to edit?
And so to the meat of #FollowFriday. Here are some Steemians to check out.
- @kevinroditeli is a comic artist who is new to Steemit. The #comics community is really growing and it's getting me more into this artform.
- @la-fumettista also creates comics. I did see some of her work before, but she just posted this fairytale.
- @letseat is a restaurant review app created by @eroche. I've posted a couple of reviews lately and want to do some more. It's a great use of the Steem platform.
- Lots of people already follow @timcliff as he's a core part of the community, but I don't think I'd seen Steem Economy that he has created. It's a directory of businesses that accept Steem. I've seen other attempts to create something like this, but they didn't seem to last. I know some comic artists will sell their work for Steem, as will some musicians. They ought to use the contact form on the site to get themselves listed. It does have categories, but a map for physical locations would be useful, especially if it grows a lot.
I hope you find something of interest here. As always you can share your own suggestions in the comments or do your own #FollowFriday post.
I'm posting from @esteem.app. I really hope it gains the ability to use saved signatures as Steem Plus does.
- I'll buy guitar picks for Steem
- Get a Wirex Debit Card to spend your crypto.
- Get some passive income with Mannabase
Spam comments may be flagged. Beware of the Commentphant!