I like Let's Talk Bitcoin! show very much. I am listening them for about 5 years now. Nowadays they rarely provide content, but reset episode came out and it was really really strange.
Meet Ryan's Post-Mortem and he is making Yours.org. It is social platform, there people making money by blogging. In the beginning of episode, Adam positioning Yours.org as a competitor of Steem. Basically claimed, that Steem creation model is flawed somehow. Well, I'm intrigued, maybe I should be involved with Yours.org then.
That is Yours.org?
- It is Medium with paywall.
- Articles cost to read around 10 cents.
- No token behind.
- Using Litecoin as the payment mechanism + level two solution like lightning.
- Except is is not lighting, this level two solution has one node called Oracle. Basically, it is one server for broadcasting payments.
- They're saying that Steem model is complex.
- Yours.org is simple, you should just PAY for article.
- Also, they plan to add more monetization features in the future to make it as complex as Steem.
You may think I'm trolling, but I tried to list key points creator himself talked about quite seriously. If you Steem fan - go listen this episode of LTB. You will be amazed how advanced Steem technology is.