Hey Everyone, today I'm going to be writing about what value I have got out of STEEM, and if STEEM somehow goes to 0, would I have lost value.
I don't think so.
Obviously, I'd lose monetary value, so on that front I'd be down by a bit, but now lets consider what I have gained (other than money) from my time on STEEM so far:
- Connections - I've met many amazing people that otherwise I would have never, this is very valuable. I've found people in my field, inspirational people and great friends here. This is invaluable in my opinion.
- Experience - I've launched many failing apps here. As well as them, I also launched a successful app by working out what the market demanded, due to filling this, I've learned how to rapidly build a working app that users can use with relative ease. It's garnered over 300 users so far! Can you believe it?
- People... - While I've already mentioned "Connections", here, the community is so down to earth and I've spoken to many "Big" developers on chain. I can't think of many other places you can 1:1 DM with owners of successful enterprises.
- Discords - To continue on with the whole connections thing, along with @mermaidvampire I run a discord server. This means that even if all these people left the chain, I've still got a good way to contact them 🤞🤞
- Friends... - @mermaidvampire and tons of other people are really awesome and I believe I will take some lifelong friends from this.
Do note, I'm not leaving the chain, this is just from the perspective where the chain "dies".
So, mostly people and experience, which I think can make up for the monetary loss I could suffer (worst case scenario which I never think will happen).
All the best,
~ @cadawg on the chain where it's a ghost-town so you have no choice but to UpDoot me!