VideoGames & Computer Entertainment (January 1990)
VideoGames & Computer Entertainment was my favorite video games magazine at the end of the 1980s and early 1990s. The January 1990 issue includes:
- Is It Live, Or Is It...Cyberspace? - This innovative "looking glass" project pushes computer technology in wild directions - and may affect how we play video games in the future.
- Going For The Dragons: Wonder Boy III Strategy Guide, Part I - This detailed strategy guide will help you smooth over the rough spots as you take Wonder Boy through his third adventure on the Sega Master System.
- Life In War Times: P.O.W. Strategy Guide - Are you feeling claustrophobic? Our maps, hints and tips should help you free yourself from the enemy prison camp and call your troops to pick you up.
- Destination Arcadia - This new column debuts with coverage of the 1989 AMOA show in Las Vegas and an in-depth look at Atari's Escape From the Planet of the Robot Monsters.
- Chris Crawford: The Designer's Designer - Crawford is not only a designer of high-quality games, but he's also an outspoken critic of the industry. Peek in on a candid conversation with him about his views and visions.
- Video-Game Reviews - Rastan, Guardian Legend, Magic Johnson's Fast Break, Clash at Demon Head, Bad Dudes, Sky Shark, Rescue, Ghouls 'N' Ghosts, and Magic of Scheherezade.
- Computer-Game Reviews - Heavy Barrel, Beyond the Black Hole, Dark Side, Gold Rush and Genghis Khan: A Study of Regal Principle.
- Editor's Letter
- Reader Mail
- News Bits
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Yea & Nay