Getting Rid of Food Addiction. Part №3
Remember that food is a pleasure - and stretch it, chewing every delicious piece, concentrating on the form, smell, taste! And more - teeth, among other things - it is an instrument of aggression. When we use them poorly for chewing - gnawing - grinding food, we place our aggression anywhere ... It reaches everyone - both close and distant ... Try the experiment - someone has angered you - instead of hampering your reciprocal aggression and habit of swallowing on her energy KUCHU of food - take something solid (and preferably, medium-calorie) - for example, carrots - and gnaw it, thoroughly chewing, with all its present rage. So, chew-chew-chew-fame Chest-but choose what to chew, consciously and in an adult way.
For this we draw up a written contract with the redistribution of powers and duties. When you make a contract, avoid the prefix "NOT".
An approximate list of contract items:
1. Having removed most of the authority from Zhevun - for the time, quantity and set of products for your subsistence, you, on behalf of your Adult part, take responsibility for your food choice.
2. You try to start consciously treating your relationship with food: canceling for a while a book, a magazine, a TV, talking - including on the phone .... Yes, I insist! Any of us will say - food is soooo fun! That's nice - I propose to receive this pleasure in full, without mixing it with other "pleasures" ...
3. You recognize that you are always free in your choice of food and, relying on your selectivity, every moment of your life you can take care of yourself as you see fit "here and now" ... Food is perhaps the only sphere of your life that you can to control completely. If somebody has arguments to challenge it, I will get acquainted with them with pleasure ... Yes, this principle refuses, if you are now in prison - there you eat what the jailer feeds you. But if you are a free man - you are free in your daily food choice. Why is the word "daily" here? Then, that, in my deep conviction, to make the choice "Once and for all!" - this is very far from the feeling of freedom...
4. You acknowledge in writing that addiction is the product of your psyche, your fixed choice in dealing with food, and you are free to make other choices! Here I mean, first of all, everyday choices, "here and now" - to go for dependence, or accept it, but refrain from immediate submission with the absorption of food. And try to survive for a while ... But, again I repeat, following my informed choice.
5. Dependence on food, on the one hand, keeps us within the limits approved by the society - we do not have such "changes in the states of consciousness" as in alcoholics and drug addicts. On the other hand, in the fight against food cravings, we can not give up food entirely - as it happens in the treatment of alcoholics and drug addicts. Our task is to restore the sense of proportion. At the same time, we will definitely have to meet with "breaking", but in our case - as we continue to eat - it will be much softer and more harmless...
6. In case of insurmountable traction - force majeure circumstances - and breach of contract, you say to yourself about the following: "Today I fell through. I take full responsibility for today's breakdown. I'm free in my election. My adult choice is taking care of myself. If today I lost, I definitely can win! "
I hope you have enough motivation for liberation, and it will defeat irritation with those "obvious things" that I feed you here ... Yes, the most effective solutions are usually very simple ... At first glance ...
This contract must be re-read every day for at least 2 weeks.
Good luck to you!
Author - Irina Lopatuhina
Psychologist, Gestalt therapist