[TRAVEL] 2 Mai - Chasing seahorses, sunbathing and eating fish dishes
I waked up early in the morning, equipped with a hat, sunglasses, snorkeling set, hoping to see a calm sea in 2 Mai Resort. Indeed it was, but there were a lot of seaweed and low visibility so I ended up relaxing in the sun for a couple of hours.
The 2 Mai Resort is located in Constanta County, on the Romanian Black Sea coast, 6 km from Vama Veche and 5 km from Mangalia Resort.
I hoped in my car and headed for the resort.
You will find a non-conformist atmosphere and reduced accommodation prices. However, there are many young people who prefer to set up their tents in the camps by the beach, thus enjoying pleasant moments in the middle of nature. Tourists arriving with the tent spend long periods during the summer season.
Because the possibilities of entertainment are not so many, those who stay in 2 Mai Resort spend the usual evenings in Vama Veche or Mangalia.
I stopped at Micul Golf (The Little Golf) Fisheries and Restaurant and left with a full belly. I ate a fish soup, fried gobies, grilled mackerel and french fries accompanied by a cold beer. Yummy!
If you like to spend a quiet time at the beach relaxing in the sun and eating super delicious fish dishes, head for 2 Mai!
Bonus: if you like snorkeling, you can find between 2 Mai Resort and Vama Veche little seahorses.
Specialists say that Vama Veche - 2 Mai area is the richest one on marine species out of the entire Romanian Black Sea coastline.
Here is a Black Sea seahorse.
All images are taken with my Sony Xperia XZ :)
Some other posts that you might like:
- [TRAVEL] First stop - Vama Veche - party all night long
- [HAPPYDAYS] The museum of optical illusions - eye can't believe them!
- [HAPPYDAYS] Evening walk on Tampa with a beautiful sunset
- [TRAVEL] Coming soon – The Romanian seaside in two weeks
- [HAPPYTUMMY] Blueberry muffins for the perfect day
- [HAPPYDAYS] Histories and Film Festival in Rasnov (FFIR) – Acoustic concert and a must-see movie
- [HAPPYDAYS] Urban Wildlife – Brasov squirrels are nuts about peoplewatching
- [HAPPYDAYS] Walking on the streets of Brasov – StreetArt session
- [ITINERARY] 4 meters above the black sea – pirates and wild horses
- [HAPPYDAYS] A day in the garden
- [TRAVELTIPS] Public transportation in Rome
- [TRAVELGEM] Blederija Waterfall in Serbia
- [ITINERARY] 3 winter days in Istanbul
- [TRAVELTIPS] Aimless wander through Trastevere
- [TRAVELTIPS] When in Rome… head for Santa Marinella
- [PHOTOGRAPHY] Sunset above the Spanish Steps in Rome
- [TRAVELTIPS] Peeing in Rome