Pros And Cons Of Social Media Banning Political Ads
Twitter recently announced a ban on political advertising, adding fuel to the debate of whether social media should allow campaign ads and how claims made in those ads might be regulated. The Onion looks at the pros and cons of social media banning political ads.
- Encourages candidates to exploit more traditional forms of media.
- Quite clearly opposite of what Mark Zuckerberg wants.
- Politicians still free to post thirst traps on personal accounts.
- Look on Hillary Clinton’s face if we started that now.
- All that personal data collected for nothing.
- Got few extra Twitter followers from dunking on Biden campaign slogan.
- Lack of politics is a political statement, man.
- Having to watch these psychopaths try to do normal-person stuff on Instagram instead.