I'm basing my songs on my college years of 88 to 91 so it should be a blast from the past or a little glance at some older stuff for you younger ones.
The Commitments - Mustang Sally (1991)
This is a song that has a huge bearing on my life. The commitments is a 1991 movie by Alan Parker about a band trying to make it in Dublin. It is one of my favourite ever movies and well worth checking out. One of the songs that they cover and a big part of the movie is Mustang Sally by Wilson Pickett.
So my brother, best mate and myself have, together, sung Mustang Sally at all three of our weddings. Most recently being my brothers wedding last December and originating with my wedding in 1998 with my mate @britishbeef 's wedding in between.
Rules of the challenge:
- Choose one song from your high-school/college years.
- Write a few words about who made you listen to this song for the first time, what this song means to you (was it a breakup song? you blasted it at 100% on your audio system when you were partying with your friends?) whatever you want.
- Write your text while listening to the song. As soon as the song ends, wrap up what you were writing and submit it.
- Do this for 7 days in a row if you get nominated
- Mention one person who should do this on each day.
- Tag it with #musicwaybackchallenge and include these rules at the bottom of your post
Please leave your comments on the music track and If you like the challenge and would love to join in on the fun then leave a request underneath and I will nominate you.
Enjoy the song.