@uwelang has nominated me for this challenge. I will write them in different days not in a row as sometimes I want to write about something else.
Let the music play.
As in the past 2 series I had covered the years 1997 and 1998 I will go now to 1999, the year that people have been saying will be the year of the apocalypse. Well, they've been wrong as nothing happened.
I was entering the 11th grade in high school and was a little too naive for what the world looks like. At that time I was training 2 times a day at the water-polo team for 5 hours in total. The first in the morning from 6:00 to 7:30
and the second in the evening from 17:00 till 20:30. I flunked legal some classes as I had an exemption paper from school from the first hour. As long as I was playing sports and my grades have been in the top 5 of the class nobody would say something. In Romania, not everyone was playing sports as a youngster back in the days, but the ones that did would have turned it almost in a profession.
I was listening to this song and dreaming on my way to school from the pool. It was a half an hour ride with the tram. We had 30-year-old trams that have been refurbished in our city. I was looking out the window just hearing this song and watching everything passing by. For me, the buildings were passing by.
It was a year where I felt growing up, but where life was still very easy. I had to do only 2 major things, learn and play sports, nothing less nothing more. I think it was one of the years that helped me a lot in my evolution when I learned what determination was.
Thank you, Uwe for nominating me.
- Choose one song from your high-school/college years.
- Write a few words about who made you listen to this song for the first time, what this song means to you (Was it a breakup song? You blasted it at 100% on your audio system when you were partying with your friends?) whatever you want.
- Write your text while listening to the song. As soon as the song ends, wrap up what you where writing and submit it.
- Do this for 7 days in a row if you get nominated
- Mention one person who should do this on each day.
- Tag it with #musicwaybackchallenge and include these rules at the bottom of your post