@uwelang has nominated me for this challenge. I will not manage to cover them in a row or maybe I will, but at the moment it does not seem so. This time I will write it in one language as for the next ones I will do a translation after the song has finished. Usually I start writing in German and than translate it to English, now I started in English and will finish it like this.
Let the music play.
I've heard this song 21 years ago, well this is crazy as 21 years have passed since I've been 14. It was the summer of 1997 when I was playing water-polo. I played water-polo since I was 10 till 18 and after that from 29 till 31. The pool where we trained was a public pool as Romania did not and does not have the healthy infrastructure required for sports. So we played at the public pool which was open until December, at least the water was warm. After the long training, we would remain and enjoy the hot summer days till the pool was closing a colleague that was 16 was also a DJ. He is also today and we threw some really good parties in there.
One day he came with this beautiful summer track which was something different than the usual stuff he played or was played at the radio. We instantly loved it. He also got inspired so much from this song that he has chosen his DJ alias as N'Alin. His name is Alin and his family name starts with an N, but the trigger was this song.
Even if it was a public our minds traveled far away, somewhere on a beach with a slight breeze. We had some big lime (linden) trees where we chilled under them on the grass.
It was such a beautiful summer, we won our series, I entered high-school on one of the highest spots in school. Life was simply gorgeous. I had big dreams, which I still have but it was the innocence of those times that made it so good.
Thank you, Uwe for nominating me.
I nominate @archaimusic to show us some music from his youth as I'm pretty sure it will be different from what he plays now.
- Choose one song from your high-school/college years.
- Write a few words about who made you listen to this song for the first time, what this song means to you (Was it a breakup song? You blasted it at 100% on your audio system when you were partying with your friends?) whatever you want.
- Write your text while listening to the song. As soon as the song ends, wrap up what you where writing and submit it.
- Do this for 7 days in a row if you get nominated
- Mention one person who should do this on each day.
- Tag it with #musicwaybackchallenge and include these rules at the bottom of your post