Greg Hunter interviews Danielle DiMartino Booth, former U.S. Federal Reserve insider and author of FED UP, about the economy, debt, and U.S. Federal Reserve.
- (00:38) What is going on with the new trade deal with Mexico?;
- (01:53) Was China using the previous North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) against the U.S.?;
- (02:50) Is everyone pretending the U.S. does not have a debt problem?;
- (04:21) How much worse do you think the debt problem is?;
- (05:33) What does it mean that "at some point real economic activity will be encroached upon and our nonchalance rudely shaken"?;
- (06:58) Is the U.S. Federal Reserve worried about the effect on emerging markets?;
- (08:49) Are the inflation numbers real?;
- (09:55) Do you think the U.S. dollar is going to strengthen and the FED is going to raise rates?;
- (10:55) Do you think there is a chance the FED will not raise rates in September?;
- (11:33) Do you think they can crash the global economy by raising-rates?;
- (12:24) The U.S. rate spread;
- (13:22) Do you see the yield curve flattening?;
- (14:47) What happens if there is a war somewhere?;
- (16:09) Do you think the dollar is going to go up from here?;
- (16:52) Do you think an interest rate hike will have an effect on the U.S. mid-term elections?;
- (17:33) Do you think there will be a trade deal with China?;
- (18:35) Does the debt problem keep you up at night?;
- (19:44) Do you think the FED does not know what is going to happen?;
- (21:43) You think there will be a rate hike in September?;
- (22:45) What do you think could go wrong?;
- (25:05) Does Washington realize how serious the debt problem is?;
- (26:57) Do you think this is the reason big money is moving into gold?;
- (27:43) Do you think it is worse now than 2008?;
- (28:00) What do you think could blow everything up?;
- (30:01) What should people do?;
- (31:09) Is the flattening yield curve signaling big trouble in the markets?;
- And more...
34 minute video by Greg Hunter published 28 August 2018
Link Associated with this Interview
I am not affiliated with the USAWatchDog, other than being a fan and avid follower of Greg's work.
The purpose of this post is to raise awareness of the USAWatchDog, give Greg's work a wider audience, and direct traffic to his YouTube channel.
If you like this video, then you may want to subscribe to the USAWatchDog YouTube channel for more videos and updates.
Links to Amazon Products in this Blog Are Provided for Your Shopping Convenience
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This content is for informational, educational and research purposes only.
Please get the advice of a competent financial advisor before investing your money in any financial instrument.
It is strongly recommended that you consult with a licensed financial professional before using any information provided here. Any market data or news commentary used here is for illustrative and informational purposes only.
Trading involves a high level of risk. Future results can be dramatically different from the opinions expressed herein. Past performance does not guarantee future performance. Consult an investment professional before investing.
All ideas, trade signals, opinions and/or forecasts are for informational, educational and research purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation to invest, trade, and/or speculate. Any investments made in light of these ideas, trade signals , opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are committed at your own risk. I am not an investment advisor, information shared here is for informational, educational and research purposes only and not a recommendation to buy or sell anything.