MMA is crazy sport. The craziest one there is. Hands down..And with such crazy and unpredictable sport come also unexpected wins and loses. Some are flukes and some are beginnings of the new era. But at that moment, they all feel the same - WTF??
So I've decided to take it one step further and make one WTF claim here. According to the UFC history, newly crowned Flyweight Champ and Olympic wrestling champ Henry Cejudo actually has a reasonable claim on the UFC heavyweight championship!! Why?? Well, check this table yourself..
|Henry Cejudo||Demetrious Johnson||UFC 227||Decision|
|Demetrious Johnson||John Dodson||UFC 191||Decision|
|John Dodson||T.J. Dillashaw||The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale||TKO|
|T.J. Dillashaw||Raphael Assuncao||UFC 200||Decision|
|Raphael Assuncao||ALJAMAIN STERLING||UFC on Fox 23||Decision|
|ALJAMAIN STERLING||Renan Barao||UFC 214||Decision|
|Renan Barao||Urijah Faber||UFC 169||TKO|
|Urijah Faber||Francisco Rivera||UFC 181||Submission|
|Francisco Rivera||Alex Caceres||UFC Fight Night 68||KO|
|Alex Caceres||Cole Miller||UFC 199||Decision|
|Cole Miller||Ross Pearson||UFC Fight Night 22||Submission|
|Ross Pearson||Paul Felder||UFC 191||Decision|
|Paul Felder||Steven Ray||UFC Fight Night 113||KO|
|Steven Ray||Joe Lauzon||UFC Fight Night 108||Decision|
|Joe Lauzon||Jeremy Stephens||UFC Fight Night 17||Submission|
|Jeremy Stephens||Rafael Dos Anjos||UFC 91||KO|
|Rafael Dos Anjos||Neil Magny||UFC 215||Submission|
|Neil Magny||Kelvin Gastelum||UFC Fight Night 78||Decision|
|Kelvin Gastelum||Michael Bisping||UFC Fight Night 122||KO|
|Michael Bisping||Anderson Silva||UFC Fight Night 84||Decision|
|Anderson Silva||Derrick Brunson||UFC 208||Decision|
|Derrick Brunson||Lyoto Machida||UFC Fight Night 119||KO|
|Lyoto Machida||Rashad Evans||UFC 98||KO|
|Rashad Evans||Rampage Jackson||UFC 114||Decision|
|Rampage Jackson||Mat Hamill||UFC 130||Decision|
|Mat Hamill||Jon Jones||UFC - The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale||DQ|
|Jon Jones||Daniel Cormier||UFC 182||Decision|
|Daniel Cormier||Stipe Miocic||UFC 226||KO|
THIS TOOK ME MORE THAN FREAKING 1 HOUR!!
Haha I thought it'll be cca 15 minutes at max...But it was much more difficult. Here just some funny points I noticed during this "well spent" hour :D
- Jon and DC defend that LHW suuuperstrong. Just this alone shows that the GOAT should be chosen between these two. If there wasn't that Mat Hamill DQ, I would have to stop there and then.
- It was also pretty hard to find a link from Bantamweight to Featherweight.
- Bantamweight with featherweight was easy just cuz of John Dodson and his win over TJ which gave me a lot of freedom for the next step cuz TJ is dominating people left and right..
I've done this manually..and realized how happy I am to be a programmer and have some overview over current technologies and even the theory behind it. If this Sherdog database could be loaded into some Graph database like Neo4j, I'd looove to play around with it :) I just checked real quick and it seems Sherdog offers API to get the fighter's data, so it should be possible. It would provide so many nice insights and statistics...well, maybe when I'll have some time in the future :) This could be supercool exercise even for basic algorithm classes in the Uni - shortest paths, dijkstras etc etc on ordered graph...shit, I'd love to get such data like this for homework :D
You can find my latest posts here:
- I freaking LOVE my Sunday EGGS!! .. or .. don't take camera to the kitchen! ** photo-recipe **
- GetOldTweets-python: Open-source "module" bypassing limitations of Twitter API
- My father FORGOT on HIS OWN SON!! + surprisingly difficult gymnastic rings exercise
- I remember the phone number of my EX and I'm PROUD of it! ** digital dementia **
- [Dev stream #1] Wondered what it's like to be a programmer?...join me in the office! [ Audio, keyboard + screen]
- Traveling alone and traveling with companion - alone in Pakistan vs with friends in Nepal