Living in a world filled with varieties, we are left to choose between one thing or another. Some have chosen selflessness, where others choose selfishness; some others have chosen Compassion when others choose oppression. In all, I will say the world goes round and interesting because of these choices.
Talking about compassion and oppression, I have been a victim of human right abuse by some soldiers in my country before. I was held down at a place for more than 1 hour because I refused to engage in forced manual labour just like others. It was two out of the group of soldiers that were spearheading the abuse. I managed to maintain my calm even when I was hit by one of them.
At the place they stationed me, I was just observing other people abused and forced to do some tidious manual labour for no justifiable reason. I must confess, it wasn't easy to remain calm but I was just smiling at them. Some evil thoughts filled my mind at that point but I shoved it aside. I maintained a positive outlook until they got tired of my smile and presence and asked me to leave.
Some years after the incident, I met one of them somewhere. He didn't recognise me, and I'm sure he may not remember that incident. I wanted to feel bad then, but I remembered I have forgiven them, and just smiled to myself. I don't hold grudges against people and that gives me a healthy and funfilled life like a free bird. Being positive in life is worth it.
I am supposed to include an image but I don't have any about the incident. Sorry 🙈😀🙈.
- Write a post about something you have to be positive about today - this could be anything from being thankful for your current situation, someone being nice to you, being thankful for your friends and family, or even being thankful for the opportunity you have been given here on Steemit - just keep it positive :)
• Do this for 7 days in a row if you get nominated
• Mention three people who should do this on each day.
• Tag it with #7daypositivitychallenge and include these rules at the bottom of your post
• Include a picture of something positive (related to your story if possible).
My signout message is:
FORGIVENESS is the GIFT we give others for our own GOOD. Be FORGIVING