Hey fellow Steemians,
I would like us to look at a topic that is very important to every individual who wishes to achieve success. I would, therefore, bold mention these things: this post is for the following group of persons:
- People who crave success for themselves: If you are the kind of person who wants success for himself, and works hard year in, year out to make your dream come true; then, you need to read this post and digest its thought-provoking ideas.
- People who are frustrated with life because of the failures and challenges of life: If you are sick and tired of trying to succeed while failing repeatedly, then you earn the right to take every idea here as gold nuggets.
Let's begin on a solid foundation as to what courage is, and what it is probably not:
What is courage?
Courage can be defined as the quality of a confident character not to be afraid or intimidated easily but without being incautious or inconsiderate. It can also simply be looked at as: The ability to do things which one finds frightening.
When you dare to do something you are afraid to do, the word for that action is: "Courage".
Really, I have come to the understanding that nothing made was made without courage. When you look at everything we find in existence today, you can but just tell that those things came to fruition because "someone decided to be courageous".
Courage is the small word that makes the big difference. ~ProfLee
Courage sets you apart from the crowd, and gives you a leap above others.
Did you know that all inventions took courage from the inventors?
What courage is not
Some believe that courage means: "acting without fear." But really, courage means "acting with fear." It means you would feel the fear, but you would do it anyways.
You just decide not to allow your fear decide. ~ProfLee
My steemit experience of "Courage" in action
One time, I saw a contest with 5 SBDS as giveaway. I felt and thought: "Why can't I do this?"But, I was afraid of losing. Then, I said:" Let me just try". The result of that courage was: I won. Well, let me quickly say I did not win because my entry was the best; I won because I had the courage to do it. Because, in the end, I was the only one who partook of the contest. It was a really nice, but funny experience!
I learnt from it; I hope you have learnt from it?
The truth is this: Sometimes, the things we fear are not even there in the first place.
And, always remember this: if you try, you might lose; but, if you fail to try, you would never stand a chance of winning. Let that motivate you when next you are to make a decision that demands courage.
Additionally, let's consider some importance of courage:
The Value of being Courageous
- Courage sets you apart from the crowd.
- Courage almost always gets the job done.
- Courage helps you to get to places others only dream of.
- Courage is the gap between winners and losers.
- Courage is one huge common attribute of great men and women.
On a Final Note, everyone who ever hopes to be successful must first work on being courageous. It's courage that sets you apart from the crowd. Without courage, you are no different from every one else.
Thanks for reading this article on: courage, and I hope you find the courage to share your thoughts on the topic!