1) "It's not about the money"
Notice how people who are already rich like to say this?
Money fucking matters, especially if you lack it. If others are dependent on you, all the more reason you need to have money.
So work hard (both in terms of your mindset and the physical work you do), no excuses.
2) "I never do it for the money"
They do, or have at least at some point.
3) "You should only sleep 4 hours a day" or worst, "If you want to succeed, you can't sleep!"
Do you want to die? Cause that's how you die.
You're human and it's your god-given right to sleep, so sleep.
4) "If you want to succeed, you need a coach/mentor"
And then notice how THEY would want to become your perfect coach or mentor... at a price.
This can be tricky. A coach or mentor can definitely help with the learning curve, but they can only help you so much.
If you really want to succeed, especially in terms of money, you'd be too vulnerable to the point you believe all these assholes' bullshit.
5) "If you want X, you MUST do X otherwise you will fail"
Just because it worked for them doesn't mean it'd work for you.
Everyone's journey is different. Stick to your beliefs, follow your instincts and find out what works for you.
Yes, they'd also try to sell you their X.
6) "Law of attraction works like magic. Things just happen for you then!"
You can replace law of attraction with other weird universe law shit.
No, it's not magic. It will never be magic.
Mindset and how you manage your emotions count for a lot, but that does not mean you need to stop putting in the work.
You can't expect things to happen for you if you sit on your ass all day.
I repeat. It is not magic.
7) "If you want to succeed you need to emulate every successful person out there"
Nah. This is a fallacy.
If you want to succeed, only take advice from people you want to be, not every damn person you think can be.
Success does not bring happiness. It's the other way around. Get my free book here: 12 Things Happy People Don't Give a Fuck About!