Greetings, salutations and all mandatory protocol observed.
(Okay, I’m joking let’s start that again...)
Wassup, Skill here. I’m a musician, producer and test engineer from
The tip of the motherland, South Africa. (No, I don’t know Nelson Mandela)
I’ve been chastised many times for the “originality” or lack there of, of my
pseudonym, Skill. It’s actually derived from my original alias, Sono Kinetic ILL.
· Sono -> relating to sound. (Think sonogram)
· Kinetic -> relating to or resulting from motion (can you tell I studied mechanical engineering?)
· ILL -> Sick (in hiphop culture, ill is a synonym for good.)
The word Skill also means the ability to do something well or expertise and I’d like
To think most people strive to do just that, I’m part of that group.
Growth! I really believe in the SteemIt community and the opportunity to
Be part of such an ecosystem. I’ve been learning through life experiences in
The music business in the South African context so I feel like I could contribute to it.
There are also a ton of inspirational, informative posts here and I think I could grow
Personally because of it.
What will I Be Sharing?
Tips, tricks and little bit of inspiration as a musician striving to make a living from
My passion; backed by personal experiences of course. I tend to get inspired by the weirdest
Things (occupational hazard) so let’s connect. I've also got a serious travel bug so I'll be doing
a bit of that too.
· Chicken is my obsession. Whether it’s deep-fried, chicken thighs, chicken pies or chicken fries, chicken will most likely be my demise. I love it so much I wrote a song about it titled “I Like Chicken” (You can find that on iTunes: SkillMusicSA :D).
· My first love is the piano (No, not chicken). Started playing when I was more or less a snot nose, 5 years old.
· While the piano is my kryptonite, I’m also verse in the art of Tuba playing. I was part of a brass band that traveled Europe call Gules Aquila.
· I have a Mechanical Engineering Degree and pay most of my bills with my “9-5” job as a test engineer at a ±85000 employee –strong German owned automotive design, manufacture and supplier company.
Let’s connect! I’m excited and interested to be part of such a movement so let’s connect!
Until Next Time.
Skill aka SkillMusicSA
Oh ya, here's a pic!