Let's discuss tips on how to can food at home. So as we go closer to the rainy season and more towards the winter. It is necessary to can the food and dehydrate it for winter usage. So we are going to take a look at some tips that can benefit you for canning the food.
Image credit: Unsplash
Here are some of the tips that you should check out to can your own food.
- Pectin is important agent that you should be making use of in canning the food, fruits and vegetables.
- Pressure canner is definitely useful and it saves a lot of time and money for can the food.
- Make sure to watch the seasoning that you add, while dehydrating and canning the soup, chilis etc.
- Avoid adding the non veg food with the beans. It never goes well and tastes bad.
- You can add the pasta into the bean soups.
- Don't add the pasta and rice into the soups, stews and chili.
- Don't put the canned food in the sunlight.
These are some of the small tips that you should check out when canning the food.
I hope you like this post. Do let me know in the comments your opinion on my content.